Chapter 29

-Y/n's POV-

Many days that Draco and I secretly meet in the evening at the Astronomy Tower.

He would tell me various stories of his childhood and I would exchange them with mine. Our childhood is not alike, it's quite far different. He was spoiled with many grateful things but his father rarely gave him his time when he was a child, only his mother was there throughout his childhood.

Although those days we've spent, those three words never came out of my mouth, I love you.

I was still unsure of this unfamiliar feeling. I was not ready yet even though we are inside of the marriage circle.

However, I am already starting to believe him. Believing that he loves me even though I haven't returned him the word he is waiting to hear.

Nevertheless, I have been noticing Michael was a bit distant. For the past few days, whenever I, Daphne, and Luna would call him to join us, he would give us an excuse and leave. I wanted to know what the reason was. I wanted to be there for him, he has been always there for me too. He has been a very dear friend to me. A true friend of mine.

I knew something is wrong and I needed to talk to him. There is only one place where I could find him. At the willow tree at the Black Lake.

I got myself dressed up in a shirt and a beige oversized knitted sweater, and slide on my jeans. I tied the laces of my boots and got up, heading to the door of my room.

As I opened my door, it so happened that Draco was standing in front of me. His hand was raised, formed into a fist as he was about to knock on the door.

-Draco's POV-

"You dressed up nicely today," A smile was crept up on the corner of my lips. "Where are you going?" My eyes wandered up and down on her.

"Oh, I'm going to Michael. He has been a bit down lately." She smiled, concern was drawn to her eyes.

Does she love him? or Me? Didn't she tell me that she prefers to be me?

I shook the thought off my mind, keeping myself from hurting her like before which I knew will tear our relationship apart and bring back what we had. I never want that.

"Draco?" she stared at me, noticing that I have been deep in my thoughts.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, lightly shaking my head. "But come back before it gets dark."

Her pinkish lips curled back into a smile as her beautiful eyes bore into mine with delight.

"Don't worry, I'll be back. It's not like someone's going to snatch me away," she giggled. "I best be going now, it's almost 2 in the afternoon. You don't want me to stay out late, right?"

She walked past me as her scent lingered up to my nose. That lilac scent that I have been craving every day.

I caught her hand before she could take another step away from me.

I pulled her closer to me as our bodies were pressed at each other. My hand moved to her waist and the other cupped her cheek, leaning my head closer to her as our lips collide.

I slowly pulled apart and rested my forehead on hers while our eyes are closed and I spoke, "I'll meet you at the Astronomy tower after supper."

My hand on her cheek felt her smile and she nodded.

"I think we should pull apart, someone might see us," she said in a faint voice.

I nodded and slowly let her go.

She gave me another smile before she went down the stairs.

I waited for a moment before I could get down.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

"Draco, where's your girl going?" Asked Blaise. "I just saw her wearing a beige sweater, going out of the common room. I thought you are going to take her somewhere, didn't you plan to tell her?"

I sat down on the couch next to Gregory, who is busy trying to pull out a strand of Vincent's hair must for the Polyjuice they created and planned on trying to look at each other.

"She's going to Michael," I said in a raspy voice, jealousy hinted at it. "Adrian, you know what to do?"

Adrian gave a nod and walked out of the group, going outside of the common room to follow her.

I trust her, but I don't trust Michael even though we are related. I just know that he has feelings for her. I have been noticing it for a quite long time now. It's in his eyes.

-Y/n's POV-

I walked closer to the Willow Tree, nearby the lake, and found Michael under it as he stared deeply at the lake, frowning like he has been longing for someone to come and save him from being drowned by his thoughts.

"Michael, there you are," I smiled, sitting next to him. "You have been looking down lately, what's wrong?"

He never uttered a word. He stared blankly at the lake as the wind blew through the tree, making the leaves dance with it and its vine almost met the water of the Black lake.

Then, he spoke, "I think I will never get the chance to tell her how I feel. It terribly hurts inside." A faint smile appeared on his lips, his eyes never left the lake.

"We can't do anything, Michael. She loves someone." I furrowed my eyebrows as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"But at least I wanted her to know." he turned his head to me.

-Michael's POV-

"Then, why don't you tell her?" She asked. "She may not return your love, but at least you know what she would say. I mean- It's better to tell her or know, and if she rejected you, you can try to move on and maybe find someone else."

She truly has no idea to whom I referring to, Her.

"It's hard, Y/n." I sighed. "I couldn't speak to her that way."

She looked at the lake, a frown was written on her lips. Those pinkish lips that I wanted to kiss, but it was forbidden. Then, she suddenly burst into a smile, looking at me like she has an idea.

"If you can't tell her, then pretend that she's me." she beamed.

"That would be embarrassing," I told with a little chuckle escaping from my mouth.

"See, you're smiling now." She chuckled too. "Laughing too."

We laughed, but then stopped as silence broke our moment.

How hard it was when you tried to move on, but she's always there to bring shine upon me. It's hard, my heart couldn't stop loving her.

"Well, even though she doesn't know how I truly felt, I will always love her no matter what. She's my first love. She made me change. And you know," I turned my head to her. "She's free to come into my arms when she feels downhearted." I smiled.