28 || Finals

• • •

• • •

The pain was excruciating, Bobby had a good kick, and I knew that, but this was worse than I expected. It felt as if my entire leg had been snapped in half.

Mr. Miyagi ran onto the platform as I grabbed my knee in pain, my eyes shut hard enough that I saw stars and I bit down on my lips so hard it drew blood.

I couldn't help the loud curse that fell from my lips as the pain intensified, Bobby dropping to his knees beside me. "I'm so sorry, Lia! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it!" He was yelling as someone pulled him away but I quickly grabbed his hand and held him closer to me so they wouldn't take him off the platform.

"Stay with me. Please." I said as tears rolled down my cheeks. "Of course." He said as he picked me up, another roll of curse words spewing out of my mouth as the ground disappeared.

Bobby quickly carried me out of the room, following Mr. Miyagi to the health center with mom, Daniel, and Ali close behind. "Oh my gosh! Ophelia!" My mom cried as she fussed over me.

They were all shooed out as the doctor overlooked my injury before they could come back in. "What did he say?" Mom asked Mr. Miyagi. "He said she no fight." Mr. Miyagi said and I covered my face as tears fell. "I'm so sorry, Lia. I didn't want to do it..." Bobby said as he pressed his forehead against the top of my head.

"I know you didn't, Bobby. It's Kreese. You need to leave him." I said, staring into his tear-filled eyes. "I will. I promise. After this, I will." He said sternly, like he wasn't only making this promise to himself.

"Can we have a minute alone? Please?" I said as I closed my eyes. They all nodded solemnly before leaving the room. "Cant you do that h thing? The thing you did to Daniel the night of the Halloween dance?" I pleaded.

"No need fight anymore, you proved point." He said. "What? That I can take a beating?" I questioned angrily. "You don't get it! I'm a girl... They'll never see me as equal, and this'll just prove their point further!" I said loudly.

Mr. Miyagi sighed but nodded, getting ready to do it.

🥋🥋🥋

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the moment we've all been waiting for!" The announcer said as he, Kreese, and Johnny stood in the middle of the ring, the announcer holding the trophy. Before he could continue Daniel rushed up the stairs and whispered in the announcer's ear.

"Ophelia Larusso's gonna fight?" He said quietly, "Ophelia Larussos going to fight!" He said into the microphone as I walked through the door and towards the ring.

The crowd cheered loudly as I slowly made my way up into the ring, hardly being able to put any pressure onto my leg. "That's what it's all about folks! How's the leg?" The announcer said and I nodded before he made his way out of the ring.