13 || Vulnerability

🌶🌶🌶

🌶🌶🌶

• • •

The next week went quickly. Johnny and I had finished our project and got an A. I spent a lot of time with the Cobra Kais and also put some time aside to spend with Ali.

I had even taken a couple of hours out of my day to trim bonsai trees with Mr. Miyagi, the fix-it man at our apartment complex. Apparently, Daniel had done it before and asked me to tag along.

It was very calming, it allowed me to take my thought off of my fear about Johnny. I was never good at relationships and had never been in one, especially an intimate one.

Mr. Miyagi had let Daniel and I take one home which I very grateful for and would often use it as an escape.

Before I knew it, it was Wednesday and I was on my way to help Ali set up the gym. There were several tables spread around the gym with several people at each. There were bags of orange and black balloons that needed to be filled, orange and black streamers, and large banners with buckets of paint. The school would put all of the other stuff like the stage and disco balls after we decorated.

I looked around for a familiar face and smiled when I saw Johnny standing at a table where a skeleton sat. I walked up to him and nudged his shoulder as I stepped beside him. "What're you doing here?" I asked. "I wanted to hang out with you." He replied as he kissed my forehead.

I picked up one of the limbs of the skeleton and began helping Johnny put it together before moving on to the next. I smiled as Ali waved, I returned itq but didn't go over.

"You can go over there if you want," Johnny said. "Nah. I don't wanna go over there." I replied as I began putting together a large spider made out of large wire covered with black tinsel. Although I was deathly afraid of spiders, it looked adorable, it had purple eyebrows and mouth and large googly eyes. "I thought you and Ali were friends?" He said confused.

"We are. She's one of my best friends. But Susan and Betty don't like me or Daniel much. I think it's because we live in Reseda." I replied. "Who cares?" He said confused. "Them," I replied with a laugh as I held the spider up to him.

Today we were just putting everything together, tomorrow we would put things where they belonged. After putting together several skeletons and spiders we became bored so we moved to a table where a bunch of pumpkins sat with the tops cut off, considering they couldn't just leave knives with a bunch of teenagers. There were several tables where students sat and carved there own.

There were different carving tools and books with different designs. There were scoops but everyone knows those never help. The ground was covered with newspaper and there were seeds and pumpkin guts everywhere. Behind us was a large table where carved pumpkins sat, names are written in sharpie on the backs of them.

"Can we carve pumpkins? Please?" I asked excitedly, pulling on the sleeve of Johnny's sweater. He rolled his eyes with a smile at my excitement but followed me and sat down at the table. I grabbed a pumpkin and put one in front of him and grabbed one for me.