Chapter 12: Constance- The Date, The 'Movies', and The Party

Start from the beginning

"Why was he in my bed? Who let him into my room?" I say ignoring his question.

"Cadence, he always sleeps in your room. He's been sleeping in your room since you were kids."

"Yes, but he was a wolf and I didn't know who he was. That's the difference brother," I counter.

He laughs and rolls his eyes. "Yeah, whatever, just get ready for school."

He gets up from the bed and heads out the room. I let out a sigh and get the things needed for a morning shower. After my shower I change into a blue jean dress and combat boots. I make loose curls with my hair, and put my contacts on. Grabbing my backpack I head downstairs to find a cup of coffee waiting for me with a note.

Good morning! I made you a cup of coffee to go and there's some breakfast for you on the table-

I look past the island and find a strawberry pop tart. I roll my eyes and look back down at the note.

Don't roll your eyes! It took me forever to make that. Now I'll see you at school okay? I love you!

-A

Ps. Don't call anyone by their names. Knowing you you'll forget.

I scoff at the last sentence! How dare he mock me!

"He made you coffee? Cool," Jared smiles.

I instantly grab the cup and hand it to Jared. "Take it. I no longer want it. I can make my own." Jared hesitantly grabs the coffee, while I head to the kitchen to grab a new to go cup. I make myself a coffee and grab an apple. "I'm going to school. You can have the stupid pop tart."

"Why are you so angry?" Jared asks.

"Read the note. I will not be mocked in such manners!" I know I'm blowing this out of proportion but still. "Good bye! I'll see you after school!" I say say as I head out the door with my car keys.

I get into my Volkswagen and take off to the school with my coffee and apple in hand. Once I get there I see Lucas standing in my usual spot waiting for me. He smiles once he sees me and I smile a small smile right back at him.

Getting out of my vehicle I pick up my mug, backpack, and my apple in my mouth. I shut the door behind me and turn towards Lucas.

"Hey Constance," he smiles.

Constance. A lie. It feels so wrong. I take my apple out of my mouth, "Good morning Lucas."

I walk to him and he embraces me into a tight hug. "I missed you," he pulls away and moves my hair from my face. I smile a small smile. "What happened to you? Are you okay?"

I nod, "Yes, I'm fine, just a family emergency."

Not a complete lie, so it's okay right?

"Well I'm glad you're okay."

I nod and take a bite from my apple.

He stares at me for a moment as if he wants to ask more questions, but he turns around and grabs my hand. "Come on let's get going."

I raise an eyebrow but follow along. That's when I felt HIM. I look behind us to see Arkadius watching us, anger clear in his eyes. Did he see him too?

I turn to see Naomi and Lizeth waiting for us by the cafeteria doors. Naomi sprints towards me and embraces me in a tight hug.

"Constance! Where the heck did you go!?" She shrills.

"Yeah we missed you," Lizeth says quietly.

I let out a laugh. "I had a family emergency."

"That does not give you permission to drop off the face of the earth! All of us didn't have your number, so we had no way to contact you!" Naomi shouts.