Chapter 12: Constance- The Date, The 'Movies', and The Party

Start from the beginning

She looks at me as if everything I said went through one ear, and out the other. Her mind is set. I can feel my rage building up. She is hurting my best friend; the man who saved me in this world. She doesn't realize what she is doing.

I didn't know what I was doing until it was too late. My hand throbs as I stare at her wide eyed and her cheek a bright red. Hey eyes wide from shock.

"He loves you Minani. I hate the fact that you're hurting him this way. He saved me more than once in this world, and I don't think that a person who is trying to destroy our kingdom would even do that," I softly mutter as I turn away from her.

Damien rushes in and pulls her out of my room and to the forest. Jared comes up to me and turns me around. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?" he yells.

"Of her happiness. She needs to realize it now, or she will cause havoc in our realm. She needs to learn that an unhappy queen, is only a queen that'll mistreat her kingdom; just as the wolf queen has done to her own." I stare into his stormy gray eyes. "There is nothing else I could have done!" I pull away from him and go back to my balcony. I stare out the window and watch the shadows in the forest calm down. "Happiness for a queen is essential." I turn to him and smile. "It has been a long day now brother, let us go to sleep."

He looks like he has more to say, but he keeps quiet. "As you wish Princess."

He bows, and begin to exit. "Wait, brother!" I call. He turns to me with question in his eyes. "I am still you're sister. You will always be my brother, so there is no reason to treat me any differently."

He smiles, "As you wish." Then he's gone.

I sigh and fall onto my bed. Too much in one day. My body aches from the past two days, and my mind is jumbled from all my stupid memories. All of these stupid memories...

Tears begin to slip from my eyes before I could stop them. Images of my fallen kingdom begin to flood my mind. Sobs rack throughout my body, and the inevitable whimper that comes with crying escapes my lips. My kingdom is gone and the only two that can help restore it, can't even get their own lives together.

Sob after sob, I couldn't stop it. A princess should never cry this way. A princess against all odds must keep their head up high. So then, why can't I stop myself? Why can't I just stop this disgraceful act?

I don't know how long I've been crying, but my body is tired. There are no more tears coming out of my eyes, just the empty hole in my chest where my heart should be. My kingdom is gone. My home... Gone...

********

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping out my window. I guess I must've fallen asleep. I sigh and roll just to find someone in bed with me.

"AHHHHHHH!" I fall out of my bed and on to the floor with a loud thunk.

Arkadius wakes up, in full alert. "What!? What's going on?"

Jared barges through my bedroom door. "Cadence what's wrong!?"

"Why are you in my bed!?" I scream at Arkadius.

"Wait, what?" He asks puzzled.

"OUT!" I yell grabbing the pillow that fell down with me and throwing it at him.

"Cadence! What's wrong!?"

"GET OUT! NOW!"

"But-"

"OUT!"

Just like that he's gone. Jared helps me off the floor and back onto my bed. "Why did you kick him out?" He asks.