20

Princess Yeonseo read her book silently as she brushed Jungwon's hair with her fingers. The nobleman was laying on her lap as he also held his favourite book, reading it.

The sky was blue and bright, creating a peaceful atmosphere. The wind brushed against their skin. The tall grass slowly swayed side to side at a slow rhythm.

Jungwon yawned and put down his book before closing his eyes. "Are you tired?" The princess asked as she also closed her book.

"I just want to cherish this moment forever. Please keep reading, my queen."

She let out a soft chuckle before leaning in for a quick peck on his lips. He smiled and inhaled the fresh breeze.

Yeonseo jumped awake and breathed in and out heavily, holding her chest. Every time she recalls the princess's memories, her chest will feel as if someone was pulling her heart out. She rubbed her temple, "Damn you, Kim Yeonseo."

She averted her gaze to the nobleman in front of her, seeing him fast asleep as he rested his head on the table. He held the book he was reading close to his chest, snoring softly.

He looked just like in the dream. He looks so...calm.

She wanted to touch his face but stopped. She widened her eyes and pulled her hand away before slapping her face, "Damn you, Kim Yeonseo! Because of your feelings, I'm suffering!"

She looked around and saw a brush pen and a small tray of ink. She smirked mischievously and took them before walking back to the table. She dipped the brush into the black ink before drawing on the nobleman's face.

She drew circles around his eyes into the shape of a pair of glasses. Then, a moustache above his upper lip. She cupped her mouth with her free hand to suppress her laughter.

Her body stopped moving when Jungwon's hand grabbed her wrist. He slowly woke up and saw that she was holding a brush pen. "Jungwon-ah," she murmured.

He averted his gaze to the window, seeing his goofy face in the reflection of the window. His eyes widened before glaring at her, "Yeonseo."

He was not using formality at her. That was when she knew he was serious. She chuckled nervously before putting down the brush pen. He snatched it and began chasing after her around the library.

He finally cornered her and placed a hand against the wall as he trapped her. She held his chest to push him away and flashed a smile, hoping he would let her go.

"You made me look like a stupid person," he scowled before holding the brush pen closer to her face. She giggled and was about to escape until he grabbed her wrist.

He managed to draw a moustache above her mouth. He stopped smiling as he watched her laughing and giggling. His heart slowly fluttered as he felt a different type of feeling in his stomach.

The sound of someone clearing their throat broke their giggles and laughter. They both looked at the entrance door, seeing Sunoo and Sunghoon staring at them with a straight face.

Jungwon immediately bowed to give them his respect. Sunoo frowned at the sight of his best friend's face being drawn. He decided not to ask further questions since it would only give him a headache.

It was bad enough that Yeonseo always give him one. Especially after he heard about her failing all the candidates in the suitor test.

"Yeonseo, I need to have a word with you," he said sternly. The Princess nodded and followed him out of the library. Sunghoon eyed the nobleman up and down, "What happened to you?"

"Long story."