10

Jungwon smiled at the sellers as he walked past the stalls. He looked around and saw the princess standing alone in the middle of the crowd. His heart dropped at the sight of her holding her chest in pain.

She finally made eye contact with him before falling to the ground. He immediately ran towards her, "Your Highness!"

As soon as he reached her, she was already unconscious on the ground. He lifted her body before holding it on his lap. "Your Highness," he called her as he shook her body gently. The people around him were giving him worried and confused looks.

He held two fingers near her neck to look for her pulse. His eyes widened when he couldn't find anything. Sunghoon who just got back from one of the stalls widened his eyes in shock. He quickly ran to Jungwon, "What happened?"

"I don't know. She looked like she was in pain and then fell. I can't find her pulse."

"We must bring her back to the palace."

🌷

Sunoo exhaled heavily as he walked back and forth in Yeonseo's bedroom. Jungwon stood at the corner as he watched the prince sitting on the chair next to the bed. Sunghoon held her hand, caressing it gently.

The door opened, revealing Baekhee and Mr Bae. They both bowed to give a sign of respect. Baekhee lowered her gaze, "Your Majesty, I've checked with the other court ladies and chefs. Her Highness hasn't eaten anything before going to the light festival. She was not poisoned."

"Then, how can she faint in the middle of the crowd?!" Sunoo asked angrily. The royal physician soon walked into the room, bowing before approaching the princess.

He tried to search for her pulse around her wrist. His eyebrows were furrowed when he felt nothing. He took a deep breath and tried again, "That's weird," he muttered.

Sunghoon arched an eyebrow at him, "What's weird?"

"She wasn't poisoned, she was just fine at the light festival... Then, what happened?" The physician said before letting go of Yeonseo's hand.

He took out a syringe from his suitcase and flicked it to check the medicine. He slowly injected the medicine into her arm.

It was as if the princess felt an electrical shock, her body jumped and her eyes were opened wide. She gave the physician a death stare before grabbing him by his collar, "I will kill you!"

The physician gulped in fear and quickly took the syringe out. She glanced at the king, then the prince, then finally averting her gaze to the nobleman. "You're here too?" She frowned before lying back down on the bed.

Her eyes closed and she fell back into the unconscious state. Jungwon scoffed and muttered under his breath, "She has completely lost her mind."

Sunoo sighed, "Well then, I guess everyone can leave now. She's fine. She just lost her mind."

He left the room, followed by Sunghoon, then Baekhee and Mr Bae. Jungwon glanced at Yeonseo for the last time before exhaling heavily. He then left the room, leaving her alone.

🌷

Yeonseo slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room, finding no one there. She groaned in pain as she scratched her right arm since it was itchy.

"Ah!" She yelped when she accidentally pulled the cotton ball off her arm. One thing that she hated the most were syringes. Her arm was in pain as if it got punched hard.

"Who the hell injected me?" She threw the cotton ball away before getting off the bed. She looked at herself in the mirror, realising she was already in her nightwear.

I need to remember what happened before I woke up.

All I remember was recalling something weird. Like, the princess's memories?

Her eyes widened, "Ew! So all this time her husband was that arrogant nobleman?!"

Kim Yeonseo! You can do better! There's Sunghoon!

"This will not do," she said as she walked back and forth, "I will change the history."

That's right.

I will change the history.

She sighed and slowly opened the bedroom door, peeking at the hallway. No one was there waiting for her. She smiled in relief before leaving the bedroom. She took slow steps to the library before entering it.

She went to the cupboard where she hid her journal. She also took out a brush pen and was about to close the cupboard before seeing an unknown book hidden under a pile of papers.

She took it out and widened her eyes when she read the title on the cover.

'The Memoir of Princess Yeonseo'.

"This is it! The book that my dad has been trying to find!"

She scurried to the table before opening the book's first page. There were flower petals decorated on the page. She turned to the next page and saw the first word was Jungwon's name.

What the hell?

His name? Why is his name the first thing that has to appear?

She frowned and took a deep breath before reading it.

In the year 1720, the fourth month.

The flower festival was just right around the corner. As usual, I would go to the lake to see the flowers bloom. As soon as I got there, an unknown man was standing while admiring the lake scenery.

He heard my footsteps and turned around. He has beautiful eyes that I don't mind staring at for hours. He was probably too happy with the breathtaking scenery that he smiled at me.

Instead of scolding him for being at the same place as me, my heart suddenly fluttered like flowers were blooming in it. I couldn't bring myself to approach him and start a conversation. I just looked at him and frowned.

He immediately cleared his throat and looked away when he saw my frown. I regretted doing that. I quickly turned around and leave the place.

Then, I heard his friends call his name.

Yang Jungwon. He has a beautiful name. I hope to hear it again soon.

"What?!" Yeonseo shouted in shock before closing the book. She rested her head on the table, "I can't believe that man is her crush."

"Kim Yeonseo! We do not chase after a man! I've had enough with shitty men. First, Doohyuk and now this jerk."

"I will change the history. That is my revenge to you for trapping me inside this body. I thought you're the cold and strong princess but I never knew you were this weak to fall for a jerk."

"From now on, I will make Jungwon stay away from me!"