"As will I," He agreed and pressed his forehead against hers, the crowds chanting their name around them.

____

It was morning time and Bjorn sat alone outside, wearing a hooded cloak. He saw from a distance as Asa and Thyra played together, Rorik, Halig, and Gyda standing near them.

Feeling someone place a hand on his shoulder, Bjorn turned. He relaxed when he saw it was Ylva.

"It's time I told you of what has been troubling me," She confessed and knelt in between his legs while facing him.

"What is it?" he asked, a concerned look on his face.

"Since Freya's death, I've been haunted by the ghost of my father," Ylva confessed with a fearful look on her face, "I see him everywhere and sometimes he speaks to me. It feels as though he is truly here with me when I know he has been dead many years now."

"Is he here right now?" Bjorn asked, eying Ylva closely.

He watched her slowly turn and look out into the town. He saw nothing but by the look on Ylva's face, he knew for her it was the opposite.

She turned to face him once more, her face paling as she nodded. "Yes," She spoke softly and Bjorn sighed in defeat, "I fear I'm going mad."

"You are not going mad, alright?" Bjorn argued in a stern tone and he rushed to hug her, "You are not going mad. I cannot explain why this is happening to you because I have never experienced it before. But perhaps in time, the gods will help us understand. Perhaps this is all a part of their plan."

"I hope so," Ylva whispered, watching as her father approached her children, a sinister look on his face.

_____

It was evening and Amma walked through Kattegat, searching for Rorik. She stopped at a certain cabin, letting out a deep sigh due to a part of her feeling as though she knew what was occurring inside.

Inside the cabins, Rorik laid naked with Ingrid's head rested on her chest. "We must not do this anymore," Rorik admitted in a soft tone, feeling guilty even being there.

He wanted to be with Amma, but there was something about Ingrid's words to him that led to him returning to her bed that night. It was like he was under her spell but Ingrid was no witch. As far as he knew.

"I love Amma. She is to be my wife in due time and she is the mother of our unborn child. This is not fair to her," Rorik explained and shook his head in disapproval, "She carries my child yet I am here, in bed with you. It is not right. It is not fair."

"That is not you talking, Rorik," Ingrid replied in a calm tone, "Those are just some words you have rehearsed."

Slowly, Ingrid turned to look deeply into the young man's eyes. "Look inside yourself," She spoke softly as she pressed a kiss to his bare chest, "What do you truly want?"

Rorik sighed, shaking his head. "I have made so many mistakes. I don't want to lie to Amma. I love her. She does not deserve this."

"Don't you think Amma knows?" Ingrid replied in an aggravated tone as she laid back down, "Of course, she knows. The whole world knows you are unable to be tied to one woman for the rest of your life."

Ingrid turned to face him once more, staring deeply in his eyes. "How long are we on this earth, Rorik, that we should deny ourselves what we most want and desire? You know you want to be with me. You know you cannot escape my desire."

Rorik was about to speak up to argue when Ingrid pressed her lips against his and kissed him passionately. "Nor want to," She continued before kissing him again.