3 ⭑ Bloody Valentine?

Start from the beginning

"Me either," I said truthfully, "But some people say that seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing. So maybe that's something you can ask pastor Clark on sunday."

He sighed as we paused to stand where the bus stop was, "I wish it was a place you could go.... like a big Library or a gas station or sumn'. I miss dad."

Ah yes, heavens gas station.

"Me too." I muttered with a slight laugh, kneeling down to hug him with a heavy heart.

My brother was only five when my dad died three years ago, so he didn't get to grow up with him in the way that I did.

Nothing made me feel worse than that.

He didn't even remember most of the moments with him because he was so little.

Sometimes I wished I could transfer all of my memories into his little head to share cause what I did have, for the most part? Was pretty nice.

The bus came roaring down the street and I pulled back from the hug, straightening his little blazer and giving him a kiss on the cheek, "Have a good day at school okay? And if anyone gives you trouble, just tell me. I'll handle it. Don't hit anyone or else mom and William are gonna get really mad."

"I won't, I promise. One more." He hugged me again and I rubbed his back, smiling softly.

"I love you." I said, my eyes closing.

"To Saturn and back?"

I felt my heart tug from his quoting of my dad's favorite phrase and pulled back from him, "You bet," I smiled, standing up.

The bus stopped with a screech and Ollie waved his hand as he ran to it, his backpack bouncing up and down.

"Bye!" I waved as he got on.

All of the kids from around the street ran from their houses to get to the big yellow bus, and I stood waiting like I always did, blowing him kisses from his seat in the window. The bus lingered for a moment, until it let out a loud puff of air and rumbled the ground as it drove back up the street.

And replaced in my vision, right where the bus was, were my new neighbors.

"Hey!-"

"Shh-hey! Mornin', babe!" Niko stood next to his little brother, both of them waving and elbowing the other in the side to see, almost, who could get my attention faster.

I widened my eyes and felt my stomach drop.

Oh no.

Niko whistled, "Come're! We wanna talk to you!"

Talk? I think I might pass out if any one of them gets within' three feet of me again!

God, the other day was so embarrassing.

I acted like such a fool in front of them, I didn't know what I was doing or what to say. It was Morris's fault for running off to Niko when he wasn't supposed to, but I wasn't exactly prepared for that conversation.

Not to mention, they invited me to their housewarming party. I mean, me? It wasn't such a crazy concept from an outside perspective, but when you knew me, or talked to me, I wasn't someone who was considered 'the life of the party.'

Like, ever.

I lied about my age too, probably shouldn't have done that but it just sort of came out.

I was more than nervous, especially with that Nirvana guy looking at me like I was a disease.

Like seriously, I thought I was growing warts or something, the man had a serious case of RBF.