Vol II: Fleeting Time

TW: Violence/Gore/Insanity/Slight Depression

Northern Akaris Continent

18th of Hanashi (6 of 10 Months)

In the Bunny Farm...

------------------------------------------------------

I slowly open my eyes to be instantly blinded as I quickly shielded my face with my hand. Ugh, why must I be in direct sunlight when I wake up?!

Wait... I HAVE NEVER HAD DIRECT SUNLIGHT ON MY FACE!

As I start to look around a hand on my waist quickly jogs my memory.

"S-shiyo...don't get up just yet..." I glance over to see that the hand belongs to Quari in her button-up sleepwear. "I need more cuddles..."

TOO CUTE!

How did she even say that while still sleeping?!

I glance back out the window, the sun is just above the shoreline. Plenty of time; so I slowly move myself back to being wrapped in Quari's arms to slowly drift off to sleep once more...

------------------------------------------------------

"Shiyo!"

"SHIYO!"

"SHIYO!!!"

I quickly jolt awake at the third call. I have never heard Quari more panicked in my life. "W-what is it, Quari?"

I look over to her to just see her eyes, petrified at whatever she is seeing or has just looked at.

"Shiyo...we need to run. Now." She quickly threw me a bag that she had in her hands, which landed in my lap. I nod and open up the bag to see my clothes and our combined gold coins. Enough for a few days at an inn in a big city, for a few months on the road.

"O-Okay, why are we running?" I ask as I was quickly changing, not caring about who or what is seeing me doing so. We are in a rush, no time for privacy in my mind.

"I don't know who it is or what they are, but there was loud bangs all morning from the south getting louder and-"

Bang

Bang

BANG!

Suddenly the back wall blew open as I jumped onto Quarilaie to block the blast as shards of wood and glass flew across the entire room currently filling with smoke.

"Quari! *cough* *cough* A-are you okay?!" I said, looking below me to see her with a few scratches on her fact and neck which would scar. If only I moved faster!

"*cough* *cough* Y-yes, I'm *cough* good. Now let's-"

We both paused as we heard the click of a heel from the remains of the wall.

Click

"mmmmm"

Clack

"I spy with my lit-tle eye..."

Click

"two very new-"

Clack

"pets~"

We were both frozen in fear, trembling, while looking back at our attacker who had long, dark red hair, blue eyes, and an obviously used knife in her hands. Still dripping.