Prologue

Everything rises to fall. That is the story of society.

On the distant world of Volantis stood a powerful nation among many others, called the Lumenish Union. But where am I starting from? I should give some background as to what has happened to get to here.

You see, over the past two years, war ravaged the world, leaving it very underpopulated with the entire world housing no more than 30 million inhabitants. That sounds like a lot until you realize that of the 30 million, only 10 million live outside of the center continent of the map.

(Map of actual Minecraft server I completely painted over

(Map of actual Minecraft server I completely painted over. The middle continent is barely connected to the bottom left so I refer to it as itself; not some mega continent. Detailed version below)

These two years of war are now commonly referred to as the Usurper's War

These two years of war are now commonly referred to as the Usurper's War. The previous monarch of the most powerful nation at the time, Solaria, passed away with no heir.

This left a power gap in place for many other nations to exploit. So they all went to usurp the throne.

The Empire of Frost came to the throne first, giving people the thought that that would be the end, but it was not. After roughly two months, the Pancheran Kingdom's army walked into the capital, causing a stalemate to occur in the city. This city, known as Archia, was the oldest occupied city in recorded history, the center of power.

The war did nothing but destroy it, ending it's reign of being inhabited, due to more sides of the war appearing.

In the end, all major powers of the time, including the Solaria remnant troops, Panchera, Frost Empire, the Daelic Union, the Iskyla Imperium, and the North Eastern Confederacy, composed of the Northern Republic and the Sovereign City Mantizea, fought on many opposing sides.

This war killed 70 million people total, leaving the world with 30% of it's population left.

The nations involved all signed one last treaty at the end, vowing for such atrocities to never happen again.

Such is irony.

Within the last four months, almost every involved nation collapsed or reformed, leaving the Lumenish Union to occupy what once was the stunning Archia, and the NEC, to hold the Mantios Continent.

Now this brings us to where our story starts, in the stronghold castle of Mantizea, as an envoy begins it's march up the stairs to the Southern Gate.

------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.

A/N I needed to get lore out first, don't worry, quality will go up. I just needed to get this prologue done to take care of rough locations and get it set up for flashbacks.

Cya!

414 words