Vol I: Unexpected Meetings

Disclaimer! This chapter may hit slightly different than most, so yeah. Enjoy!

Eastern Scáth Continent

The 575th Solarian Year

8th of Maírs (present time)

Port of Pirot Castle, Shaded Isles (Ruby Empire)

------------------------------------------------------

As the sun began to rise on a new day, the flag of the Ruby Empire was seen from the ships docked while the sounds and smoke from cannon-fire rose from the east.

A man was seen on the upper ledge of the port, usually used to oversee the passage between the islands, overseeing the battle with a spyglass.

"Grand General! Grand General! Sir!" an officer was seen running up to him, giving him a slight look of agitation.

"What is it corporal?! And I have told you a dozen times to just call me General Truder. I don't do well with excessive honors before my name, and you know that!" Grand General Truder said back, making his point clear; with his jet black hair and brown eyes making a stark contrast to his donned red and steel armor with golden accents.

"Sorry sir, and I have news! Emperor Frost wants you on the Mana Link!" the corporal said back, getting the focus back on his news, handing him a large golden ring. General Truder then set the ring to hang over his ear and quickly started his impromptu meeting.

"What is it, emperor?! I am making sure we finish off the resistance." Truder retorted, knowing the arrogance of his superior.

"Ah, as you should be, Grand General. But I have come with news that you will find most intriguing!" Emperor Frost began to say, which shocked Truder. Nothing is intriguing to him unless it relates to his homeland.

"Wait, your highness, you don't mean-" Truder began to say before being interrupted by the Emperor.

"Yes I do mean! The Empress was ever so kind as to sell me the rights to the Mantios Continent! Which brings me to what I was going to ask you. Would you like to become governor of Mantizea to keep the Ruby Empire's might safe?" Emperor Frost asked him. 

'The Emperor never asks anyone to take control of an area. This is either the highest honour I can be given or it is a trap. Knowing him, probably the latter.' the General thought to himself. "It would be my greatest honour to govern the Ruby City of Mantizea, your excellency."

"Good, good. Now I want you on the first ship out to head to Mantizea. If your efforts of dispelling resistance were not futile, you should arrive within the day." The Emperor says before disconnecting from the Mana Link, to which Truder disconnects as well.

"This sounds like a disaster to me. Corporal! Get a ship ready! I am heading out! You keep this place under control, you hear me?!" General Truder shouts to the officer who was waiting to put away the Link.

"Yes, General. It will be done." the corporal says while stuttering a bit, nervous of his sudden promotion.

------------------------------------------------------

Eastern Scáth Continent

The 575th Solarian Year

8th of Maírs

Pirot Straight, Near the Shaded Isles

------------------------------------------------------

"Keep firing! Don't let up!"

"Sir! We're taking on water!"

"Where is the Empress?!"