Chapter 8: Sympathy for the Devil

Unexpected Divine Intervention

by TimeLadyJamie

Chapter 8 / Sympathy for the Devil

"The Devil is real and he's not a little red man with horns and a tail. He can be beautiful, because he's a fallen angel and he used to be God's favorite." - AHS

______________________________________________________

There was silence between them; both trying to process the reality of the other before them. After going centuries of not seeing each other, this reunion was long overdue and an emotional one.

Before Lucifer could say another word, he was abruptly taken into a hug. The familiar warmth and softness radiating from the woman before him was enough to convince the archangel that this was his mother, as if seeing her true form before him wasn't enough.

"My son...my Morningstar!" she cried out. "I've missed you so much."

"Mom..." Lucifer managed to say, shocked to be treated in such a loving way, tears falling from his eyes. "I've missed you too. I- I thought you forgot about me."

The Goddess looked down, which only confirmed his fears. "I did...for awhile- but it's not what you think, my son. I-I lost my memory." It all seemed like a dream now. "I was a human, or at least I thought I was a human."

Looking to the wall covered in Enochain, it explained the meanings written on the wall. "How did you lose your memory?"

"I'm not sure."

He would find out exactly what happened to her, just another thing added to his list of things to do now. "We will figure it out. For now, I'm just happy to have you back."

"As am I." she smiled brightly.

It was silent between them before Lucifer spoke again. "Mother, there is something I need your help with."

"What is it?" the Goddess was ready to help him in any way.

"It's about the apocalypse."

_________________________________________________

Two weeks had gone by since they were reunited and she was caught by Lucifer of everything currently going on, at least the few parts of everything he knew from his time inside the cage. Asking for his mother's support with the apocalypse wasn't something she was expecting, or even ready to sign up for.

His grudge wasn't with the Earth or the humans on it, this she knew from personal experience herself. It was with his father, not his creations...but Lucifer wouldn't believe it.

He was fully convinced that this way the to get back at what happened to him. Though the mother didn't agree with what her son was doing, she was going to stay by his side and try to help him see reason. No way was she abandoning him, especially when he needed her most right now.

"Hey there, Ema. Um...I'm at a convention right now for my book series, Supernatural, and I was wondering if you would be interested in checking it out?" Chuck asked over the phone. The Goddess was surprised to hear a ringing and when she realized what was causing it, it all came back to her.

Lucifer listened in quietly, angered that some random nobody was talking to her.

"Oh...uh, I'm currently tied up with a family situation right now." She felt bad turning the poor prophet, but it was needed. Ema Miller was no more, and all ties associated with her would have to end. After all, the primordial Goddess had more important things to do.

She had to make up for centuries worth of lost time and figure out the mystery behind her amnesia.

"Oh." Chuck responded with a sad tone. "I hope everything is alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay, we're okay."

Lucifer's voice could be heard over the phone, interrupting. "Mother, can you stop wasting your time with a human who isn't even worth it!"

"Lucifer!" she barked at him, causing him to suddenly silence himself, pouting. "Sorry Chuck, but I've got to go. Bye."

________________________________________________

The Winchesters, prophet and angel were left speechless from the phone call, exchanging looks with each other. It was just as Anna had said, Ema's true self was awakening and it seemed the Goddess was already here.

"She's with Lucifer." Castiel stated.

"Great, just great." spat Dean, sighing.

The others looked worried. "Castiel...you know your mom better than any of us, would she help him with the apocalypse?" asked Sam.

The angel sighed, looking conflicted. He wasn't quite sure of the answer himself. She was always such a warm being, but after everything that happened with Lucifer- something in her snapped. He was only a fledgling when it happened, but the memory of that day was still strong with him.

"She feels guilty for what happened to him. If anything, she'd feel obligated to stick by his side, but no, I don't think she would go that far."

"So, what do we do now?" Chuck asked, a sad look on his face from losing his girlfriend.

"We keep on fighting, we keep trying to stop the apocalypse from happening." Dean said.

__________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This chapter was just a starting point for the Goddess being back.

Right now she seems confused about everything, trying to catch up and bound on helping Lucifer because of what happened with him before she lost her memories...but she won't stay this way forever.

She will find out how she lost her memories and then her true power will shine, literally. :) I didn't want to make this a short chapter, but it's turning out that way.