CHAPTER 3

After ten hours, I woke up to the shrill sound of my phone's ringtone. I grabbed it from the nightstand and answered without checking the caller ID.

'Bitcchhh!!' The person I identified as my best friend, Chantelle, screamed into my ears.
'Hello to you too' I replied.
'Why the hell haven't I heard from you? I thought you've been kidnapped or something!'
'Relax. Your call woke me up from a long and refreshing sleep. Missed me already?' I asked her.
'You wish. I'm going to leave you to pack and get settled but don't forget to check in regularly.'
'I will. Love you Chanty!'
'Bye!!' She hang up on me

That my dearies was my best friend who also doubles as the big sister I never had. Always worried about me and cusses so much she could put a sailor to shame. We meet at a cocktail party and bonded over kdramas and that was the beginning of a beautiful sisterhood.

I sighed and stretched my muscles before going to take a shower. I had just a few things to unpack because I had sent my stuff ahead of time. The moving company I hired was very efficient and made it easy for me. I unpacked my suitcase and arranged my clothes in my closet.

My apartment was a 3 bedroom apartment with 2 bathroom. I'm sure you're wondering why the many rooms? Well one is my bedroom, the other a guest bedroom and the last room I converted into a workspace. I set up my computer, arranged my books on the shelf and took note of the things I needed to fill up and redecorate the apartment. By the time I was done, I was beyond famished and had to find something to it.

Since there was no food, I decided to look for the nearest convenience store. I grabbed my purse and exited the building. It was already evening in Seoul and I caught a glimpse of the budding night life. I found a convenience store about a block away and proceeded to do some grocery shopping. I bought a box of bowl ramyun noodles and kimchi because why not? I bought snacks, eggs, milk, bread, and cheese to stock up for breakfast. I took a turn to the mear aisle and bumped my trolley into someone.

'I'm so sorry. I didn't see you coming' I apologised with a slight head bow.
'It's alright.' He responded. I lifted my head to see a very tall and broad man in a black mask, black cap and hoodie over the cap. The mask muffled his voice but I could tell he probably had a deep voice. What had me frozen though was his eyes. They looked like they could see theough my soul. I quickly averted my gaze and apologised again before wheeling my cart to go get my beef. After, I went to pay at the counter and saw him leave the store.

I returned to my apartment and made a steaming bowl of ramyun to enjoy whiles catching up on the latest kdrama. After awhile, I decided to go to my study to do a bit of work since I wasn'y sleepy. Being a personal assistant back in my country was tiring but it didn't stop me from pursuing my passion. I hold a degree in fashion which I acquired whiles working. It's my dream to own my own fashion brand, an international one hopefully. It is one of the reasons I moved to Seoul. Seoul is Asia's fashion hub and I inrend to make the most of my stay.

I turned on my computer and started working on sketches I started back in Ghana. After an hour I decided to search for fashion related jobs online. If I'm to survive in Korea, I have to get a job to fund my high standard of living. Getting a job in Korea as a foreigner might be difficult but I won't let that stop me. I found 3 companies looking for a fashion stylist/assistant and proceeded to apply. I went to sleep hoping for the best.

It's been five days since I arrived in Korea. I spent the past five days exploring my neighbourhood, a habit I developed years ago. I like to know every possible short cut to my apartment and anyway else of importance like work. Speaking of work, I had still not heard from the companies I applied to so I thought of looking elsewhere but Chanty convinced me otherwise. It's around 10 in the evening and I'm craving some spicy tteokbokki.

I made my way to the nearest tteokbokki stall which happens to be famous for being the best in the area. I met a few people and decided to ait for my turn. Just as I started to buy, a sleek black car pulled up ahead and a tall man in disguise came up to the stall. He looked kinda familiar but I shook it off as one of those things.

'Excuse me' I heard from beside me and turned to the man.
'Have we met before? I feel like I've seen you somewhere before' He continued
'Ermm perhaps around the neighbourhood?'
'Right'

After a few seconds of silence, he exclaimed, 'the convenience store!'
'Pardon?' 'We met at the convenience store. You bumped into me with your cart.'
I took a second look at him and realised his features were the same as the convenience store guy.
'I remember now. Sorry about that again.'
'No need to apologise. My name is Namjoon, nice to meet you.' He stretched his hand for a handshake.
'Racquel.' I responded and shook his hand.
I took my food from the vendor and turned to Namjoon.
'Ermm see you around.'
'I look forward to it.' He replied. I gave a small wave and walked back to my apartment. I finished my snack, texted my best friend and went to bed with the mystery man still on my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: So our girl finally met Joonie!! What do you think will happen next?

You may follow me on instagram @laurey_rhema or on tiktok @_alpha.crochet_

Till next time! #borahae💜💜💜
Mi Hwa🌹