Chapter 25: Suspense

P.O.V: Nobody

"Jackson."

"Why?! My argument made way more sense than hers!" Jackson yells

"The conclusion is..."

"It's okay you guys we won the game!" Liza cheers,

"Correct. The murderer has been identified as Jackson."

"Congratulations." Jackson says, clapping.

"Why did you do it, Jackson?" Alicia asks, seemingly unsurprised by this conclusion.

"I didn't have a choice. I didn't want to, I was doing what I had to do to survive. I will say, I don't regret a thing." He says with a petty little smirk on his face. Hearing this, Alex looks like he wants to charge at him, which is exactly what Charlie does, but is stopped by Alicia.

"Let me do what I want to do!" Charlie yells at her.

"Beat him to a pulp and make him feel less of his execution? No! I want him to feel every little bit of it." Alicia says, holding Charlie back.

"Jackson, please head outside the farm to your death."

"Gladly." He responds pettily. As he walks away, he doesn't even try to fight the glass box of fate. As it piles up, a ceiling is attached, but weirdly it has a hole in it. A chair rises for Jackson to sit in, and he is strapped to it. As all the players notice the hole, two bags of red ants are dropped into the box through the hole. There is nothing Jackson can do but squirm as the fire ants sting him until his unholy demise. His body is disposed of, and the speakers make staticky noise.

P.O.V: Alex.

He deserved every second of that for what he did to Ash. The speakers turn on.

"Your phones are in the box on the table. The phones of the deceased have been disposed of, so don't try and look for them in the box."

While rummaging through the box, we all notice there is a yellow iPhone 8 with no background, and a 6 digit passcode sitting there. Nobody says it belongs to them, so we leave it.

"You will now have 5 minutes to leave the farm before it is going to be dropped into the ground, and you all will be knocked out and taken back to your hometown

"You guys wait outside, I need to go take care of some unfinished business." Alicia runs back into the farmlands with her phone in her hand and it looks like she's taking pictures of the dead bodies.

"Why does she need pictures of the bodies?" Liza questions us.

"Probably as an alibi to tell the police." Charlie responds intelligently

"Do you really want to tell the police? They'll think we're crazy!" Vinny says

"That's why Alicia is taking pictures of the dead bodies. It's so obvious." Charlie restates

"One minute left."

As the speaker announces that, Alicia comes running out of the farmhouse crazy fast.

"Here look, I got pictures of the dead bodies on my phone now so the police don't think we're lying when we tell them what happened!" Alicia exclaims. When she's done talking, I start to faint, and I hear a scream.

The end

A/N: so that's the end of the book! This was probably the longest project I've ever worked on for anything in my entire life, since it took 2 and a half years to finish. I started this when I was in 8th grade during online school, and now I'm finishing up my sophomore year of high school. This was really fun to write and I'm sorry that the update amount diminished as the book went on. Here's something to make up for it:

How the survivors lives ended up
A small epilogue by Alex_Flicker
(Given note that the characters were 21 and in college at the time of this)

Alex: Alex went to finish his school career at the college which ultimately caused all this because Dan threw a party, and he eventually graduated, became a doctor, and moved on and forgot about most of the people there, but never forgot about what happened to Ash. He eventually died at the age of 84 from heart disease.

Alicia: Alicia and Charlie ended up going to the police and telling them what happened to everyone, who initially didn't believe them, but after Alicia showed them the pictures of the bodies and Charlie showed them Dan's abandoned dorm with all the evidence that someone had broken in and kidnapped everyone, they started to investigate the case. They were unable to pinpoint the location of the farm so it was dismissed. Alicia ended up graduating college and became a lawyer. She remained close with Charlie over time and lived a peaceful life. She ended up dying at the age of 96 due to old age.

Charlie: Charlie and Alicia told the police about everything that happened and showed them the evidence, which made them investigate the case. They couldn't find the location of the farm, though. Charlie went on to become an author and wrote a story about his experience with the game Flicker. The book was a best seller, and it publicized his experience and helped reopen the case, which remains a mystery to this day. He remained close with Alicia over time, but was ultimately killed in a car accident at the age of 59.

Liza: There weren't very many notable occurrences in Liza's life. She ended up graduating college, got an office job as a accountant, and lived a normal life. She forgot about everyone who was involved in the game, except for Jackson. She lived til the age of 78 and died from old age

Vinny: Vinny never moved on from what happened to Lukey and dropped out of college a couple weeks after this happened because it reminded him too much of Lukey. He ended up going back to his hometown to try to forget about everything, but when he told people what happened they all thought he was crazy, leading him to be eventually admitted to a mental asylum. He was eventually let out and thought to have his sanity back, and after a few months he went missing at the age of 37, and nobody knows where he is now or what happened to him.

This may be the last time I log onto this site, and if it is I wanted to say thank you for sticking with me throughout my time writing this book and on this site in general.

-Alex_Flicker.