Chapter 22: Masterminds and the Mastermind

A/N: nobody will understand this chapter title and I hate that lmao

A/N 2: I'm back like 4 days later and I don't understand the title

POV: Charlie

"Jackson, can you just explain how this happened when you guys were supposed to be staying together?" I ask, changing the subject

"She... was supposed to come to my room last night. She never came, so I went to look for her. I didn't... find her til the lights came back on." Jackson says, trying to calm himself down.

"I doubt it's Jackson. He was already suspicious, so it doesn't really make sense for him to kill his alibi." Liza defends Jackson

"I have information." Ash informs us

"And that is?" Alicia says

"Colleen was the psychic. Alex and I investigated her room last night, and we found her notes. We modified them to fit right now, if you want to see them." Ash says, holding up the paper.

"Well let's all look at it, because why not." Vinny says. As we all walk over to him, he lays the paper down on the ground and I take a look at it. It reads this:

Alex - Innocent - Ash vouched - Survivor???
Vinny - Unsure - Lukey vouched?? - Survivor/Perhaps Murderer.
Lukey - Maybe Innocent - Vinny vouched?? - Medic/Murderer/Survivor
Ash - Innocent - Alex vouched - Survivor???
Liza - Unsure - Mary vouched?? - Survivor/Murderer
Charlie - Innocent - Dan,Jojo,Austin vouched - Survivor??
Colleen - Innocent - I'm me - Psychic
Jackson - Unsure - Marley vouched?? - No clue
Marley - Innocent - I checked her - Muffin Man??
Alicia - Unsure - No vouch - No clue

"So it's either Liza, Alicia, Jackson, or Lukey?" I ask.

"It seems as if so." Alex agrees.

"Well, it's not Lukey! I'm almost a hundred percent sure it's not him!" Vinny backs up Lukey.

"How do we even know there is a murderer among us?" Lukey says, kind of mysteriously.

"What do you mean by that?" Ash asks.

"What if the people behind the cameras are fucking teleporting around or some shit and murdering all of us, and just want us to go insane accusing each other?" Lukey theorizes.

"Didn't somebody else say that before?" Alicia wonders

"I don't think so, but I thought of it. Even if so, we're still screwed because we have to vote." Alex disagrees.

"Well we could write camera or whatever the fuck." Lukey says.

"I can assure you that would not be counted as a vote." The speaker from the camera comes on out of nowhere

"If it does end up that the camera people were the murderer, there would be no point to watch us do all this instead of just killing us all off from the start. It doesn't add up." Alicia thinks.

"I think it's probably Lukey. Vinny said he was almost 100% sure that he is innocent." Liza points out

"There's a chance it's Lukey, but I'm more sure that it's Jackson. Annie stayed with Colleen the night she was voted out, and Colleen was the psychic. Annie yelled something about Jackson being the murderer and told us if we voted her to vote Jackson after if she was innocent or something along the lines of that. Our best chance would be to vote Lukey and then Jackson or vice versa." Alicia says.

"Me!? How could it make any sense for it to be me? I've had an alibi all the nights and I didn't even see Marley last night so I couldn't have killed her!" Jackson yells in response.

"Think about it this way, I know that Alex, Charlie, and myself are innocent, so I don't even think it's possible for the murderer to win as long as all of us stay alive." Ash phrases.

"It's not Lukey! If it was Lukey, why would he attack Kai that night?! Kai and I were his strongest alibis, so why would he do that!?" Vinny defends Lukey.

"To make himself look innocent, obviously." Liza states.

"Yeah but you wouldn't try to kill your strongest alibi, especially that early on in the game. You wouldn't be able to have any alibis later. The only time it would make sense to kill your strongest alibi is right about now, which is why I think it's Jackson." Alicia diverts the subject.

"Yeah, listen to Alicia! Notice how she's been right about almost everybody who's been voted out being innocent? Like Mason, Elaina, and Thomas." Lukey stressfully yells

"If we're going by that logic, then I'm innocent too! I defended people as well, so am I automatically innocent? No! It just means that you more likely could be the murderer, knowing it doesn't matter who you defend because there's no possibility of them being the murderer!" Jackson denies.

"To be fair we've narrowed it down to Lukey, Vinny, Liza, and Jackson so we probably can't lose" Alicia points out

"Well you're not confirmed innocent either Alicia!" Jackson counters

"That is true. Only Ash, Alex, and I are confirmed innocent." I state

"I am too, it's just that none of you believe me!" Jackson stressfully yells

"But the thing is you're not. If it's not you, it's probably Alicia, considering Liza found like 3 clues." Vinny says

"Well to be quite honest we don't know if it's Liza or not, considering the clues could be fake." Alicia points out.

"Discussing time is up! It is time to vote for who you believe the murderer is. Good luck."

Everyone runs inside, almost trampling over each other like at the start of this bullshit. As everyone gets inside, I take a piece of paper and write down

Liza.

I just don't quite believe the clues she found are real, and some match her. I put the paper in the box.

"I have received the votes. The player with the most votes is..."

"Man who!? I'm sick of your bullshit!" Vinny yells

"Lukey."

End of chapter 22.

🚾: 1,177