Chapter 12: Theyre a psychopathic hypocrite.

P.O.V:Vinny

I've narrowed it down to six different people who could be the murderer. Ally, Alicia, Annie, Elaina, Jo or Jackson. The thing I'm most concerned about is how none of Jo's friends have died so far other than Jordan, who didn't die from the murderer unless "mysterious circumstances" is part of the twin role's dynamics, which I don't remember them mentioning, and even if so Jordan wouldn't have been targeted by the murderer that night anyways.

"Flick... Flick.."

The light above myself in my room flickers. On, off. On, off. It stays off.

"Flick... Flick..."

The light above Vinny, or, myself, flickers again. On, off. On, off, on. It shines it's bright light and blinds me for what feels like minutes but is only about ten seconds.

"Ahhhhhh!" There's a high pitched most likely feminine scream coming from outside the house. It was a really loud voice, someone might have lost a loved one... I walk out of my room, and I bump into Alex and Ash on my way out of my room.

"Hey, Vinny, how long were you in your room last night?" Ash asks me unexpectedly while I have my mind off of this killing game.

"Whole night." I say without hesitation, Alex seems to take a mental note.

"Okay, thank you Vinny." Ash thanks me for telling him my alibi. I proceed to walk down the stairs towards the dining room and out the door. I see Kai walking towards the outhouse so I think, fuck it, I'll follow them. Why not, anyways? When I get there nobody is there, but there are mini dried blood pools on the ground. This must've been where the crime taken place. Maybe it's Trey and Mason, since their alibi is supposed to be near here. Oh yeah! Since I'm near them, and this is their alibi, I'll go visit Trey and Mason on the roof of the farmstead! I walk to the left of the outhouse, strangely Kai goes the same way, and I see something I never wanted to see.

Lara is dead, with a dried pool of blood on the hay bale that the murderer laid her on. Annie is sitting next to her, crying.

I can hear faint static from the same damn person that is behind all the cameras.

"You hear the power generator turning back on... The lights turn back on. Players asleep arise from their slumber."

"Annie, you okay?" Kai kneels next to Annie.

"Oh my! It appears one has died!"

"My best friend of four years just died! No, I'm not okay!" Annie says, while in between sniffs. I think that she might just be a good actor, though. It's really suspicious how they stayed together every night, and now Lara is dead.

"Lara died from the Murderer. She was laid on the hay bales."

The first people to get here are indeed Trey and Mason, but they weren't on the roof tonight. They came from the house. They walk over and just stand against the wall, I assume they don't wanna be involved in conflict. Once everybody arrives, Annie has stopped crying but is still really sad about Lara's death.

"Annie, what happened? I thought you were staying with Lara?" Alex asks. Yeah, that's what I thought.

"Well, I was. But last night I was with Colleen for the whole night, trying to prove my innocence." She says, trying not to cry again. If she's the murderer, which I hope she's not, this would just be really sad.

"The investigator did not accuse anyone of murder last night."

"Well, not the whole night... mostly the second half of it. I hate to say it, but, she could have killed Annie in the first half of the night." Colleen kind of vouches for Annie but kind of accuses her as well.

"Well, Annie also has blue fabric. Like the clue i found earlier in the game." Liza remembers the half forgotten clue. Even I forgot that clue existed. That's saying something, because my memory is usually insanely good.

"We're going off of that crap again? Yeah, Annie has blue fabric on her overalls, but half the other people here have blue fabric on their clothes as well!" Kai defends Annie. This is hard to figure out, I don't know who to believe.

"You know what, I think Alicia is the murderer. I think she planned all of her kills out so that other people would get voted out for them. Specifically this one." Elaina throws out there. Jackson nods his head.

"You know, I agree. Alicia was real talkative and helpful at the start, she built up a reputation for being like that, then went under the radar to be almost forgotten about." Jackson gives more of a reason why it could be Alicia. If I had to pick right now, I'd say I think it's Annie still. She must be a really good actor if it is her. I suspect her because she stopped crying almost instantaneously after Lara died. Within ten minutes. If Lukey died I would cry for hours in my room.

"So, main suspects right now are Alicia and Annie? Anybody want to add on?" Alex asks.

"Yes, I would like to add on to that. I think the murderer is Jo. It's weird how none of her closest friends died from the Murderer yet. And I don't think she's had an alibi yet?" Austin theorizes about Jo.

"You're joking, right? Lara doesn't count as a close friend? And even if, I only have one "close" friend alive, and it's Jojo." Jo argues back.

"I feel like it might be Jojo, or Austin. They're taking too much control over the game." Marley joins in on the argument.

"So, our prime suspects are Jo, Alicia, and Annie. Personally, I think it's Annie. It's really convenient how the one night Lara dies she tries to get a different alibi." Alex accuses Annie.

"I swear to god, I'm not the murderer! Why would I kill my best friend? If anything I would have kept her alive to the end, if i didn't turn myself in by then!" Annie says, speaking fast, clearly under pressure. She either must have insane mood swings or is just the murderer.

"Who do you think it is if it's not you then, Annie?" Ally asks her for her prime suspicion.

"Well, I think it's Jackson. I don't have any proof, it just feels like it to me." Annie answers with a low quality accusation to try to throw attention off of her.

"Jackson, where were you, what's your alibi?" Ash asks him

"What do you mean? May I ask when exactly?" Jackson questions himself.

"Sorry, I meant last night." Ash responds with no hesitation.

"In my room most of the night, went to the bathroom at one point. Don't quite remember when I think it was like maybe an hour before the lights came back on?" Jackson complies and releases his alibi.

"It is time to vote for who you believe the murderer is. Survivors will be prompted to select their accusation. Please head to the dining room." I follow a bunch of other people to the dining room, nobody's getting trampled anymore because so many people have died, and we're so used to walking into there by now. I can't believe we have spent almost a whole week here. Eleven people have died, Jesus Christ. That's a lot of dead people. Jean-Claude, Miguel, Rosalie, John, Thomas, Dan, Jordan, Veronica, Mary, Sabrina, Lara, and soon another will join them. I walk to the dining table and grab a paper and my darker yellow colored pen. I write down in my most perfect penmanship on my paper

Annie.

I put it in the box. I caught a glimpse at Lukey's paper and I saw a capitalized A. Annie or Alicia probably.

"It's time to see who the players believe the murderer is."

I can see Annie sweating her ass off, and on the verge of crying.

"The players believe Annie is the murderer."

End of chapter 12.

Word count: 1391

A/N: i rushed this chapter out because I wanted you to enjoy a chapter for a celebration of 1K reads! as of writing this I just hit it I think yesterday? Celebration for real! 🍾 🍷