Chapter 24: Alibis and Arguments

P.O.V: Vinny

It is unfathomable how the murderer pulled this off.

They were supposed to be together the entire time. Charlie even told them don't leave to go to the bathroom because it's too much of a risk.

"Jackson." Alex says ominously.

Jackson looks taken aback, but sort of stubbornly replies with a "What.", which is surprising because Alex should be the one mad

"How are you gonna prove yourself innocent?" Alex says stiffly.

"I have given a muffin to Aaaaaa... he's dead." Jackson murmurs.

"Oh definitely! Doesn't everyone believe this story? Jackson's the muffin man! Why have there been no muffins the past 3-5 nights." Alex attempts to pin Jackson.

"It's not worth it risking leaving my room at night, since what happened to Marley."

"That was one night ago! Right before Ash was killed!" Alex screams.

"Oh come on, I was with both Charlie and Alicia when the victim was murdered. It couldn't have been me." Jackson replies

"Don't refer to Ash as ju-"

"Alex, relax. He was with us when the scream was heard. It can't be him." Alicia says.

"That was clearly Alex's scream, so when did he turn up with you guys?" Liza chimes in.

"About one minute before the scream." Both Alicia and Charlie say in unison.

"Well well well, I think we've found the murderer." Liza walks up to Jackson. "And you know, what are you hiding under that coat, Jackson?" Liza asks him.

"Nothing, I'll even take it off!" He proceeds to take off his yellow jacket, and reveal a blue undershirt.

"Huh, blue fabric. Isn't that a coincidence?" Liza points out. "Almost like we know the murderer has blue fabric because of a clue a certain someone found."

"Woah woah woah, how do we know it's not you and you didn't just forge that from a dead body?" Charlie pinpoints a fact about Liza.

"I agree, do you have the clue still?" I ask her, while Jackson puts his coat back on.

"No, I don't. But do you know what is still there? The highlighted yellow 'w' on the outhouse wall. Key word: Yellow." She responds.

"She's right, Jackson. Not to mention you do, kind of look like a yellow highlighter." I agree.

"Shut up, it's not funny! Liza, your dress is yellow is it not?" Jackson responds

"It's not as bright as the highlighted yellow!"

"It doesn't matter, it's still yellow!"

A stream of long shouts emerge, in which I side with Liza and Alex. I think it's most likely Jackson, but on the off-hand that it could be Liza, it wouldn't be surprising. The shouts eventually stop, and two loud voices are left arguing.

"I had an alibi with Marley throughout the entirety of the game, and then the only night I didn't have an alibi was because Marley died. What alibis do you have, Miss Piss Dress?" Jackson continues to argue with Liza.

"Mary was my alibi until she died, so I stayed in her room so I wouldn't be killed!" Liza argues back

"Oh yeah, coincidentally she dies on the third night right after vouching for you, giving you a perfect pathway to the end? I don't think so Piss Dress." Jackson sarcastically states.

"My dress does not look like the color of piss!" She argues back, until Alicia breaks it up

"Guys, we aren't going to get anywhere by fighting. Stop fighting and let's use some logic." Alicia tries to calmly split the two apart, but instead it makes them more mad at each other.

"No! I'm gonna continue to argue because it's obvious he's the murderer!" Liza yells.

"You're basing your logic off of two clues. Yellow 'w' on outhouse, and blue fabric. Vinny matches both of those, his hat is yellow, but you aren't calling him out! You're only attacking me, and then once I'm gone you're gonna go 'Oh wait, Vinny matches those two clues too' and murder everybody like a complete lunatic!" Jackson validly argues.

"No I won't because after we vote you out the game will end!" Liza shouts back at him.

"Ash's body clearly shows signs of struggle. How would I have time to kill him while he's fighting me, come up with a story pretending to be the muffin man, and then meet up with Charlie and Alicia. I wouldn't have the time to do that." Jackson states, which I don't believe.

"The scream heard was not from Ash, but however was from Alex discovering his body. He could've been killed much earlier," I testify

"Actually Vinny, I unfortunately could've prevented his death. He died about 3 minutes before I screamed because I checked on him like 5 minutes prior to that." Alex denies.

"Fine, well if I'm not the muffin man then who is?" Jackson tries to defend himself.

"Probably someone who's dead, dickhead!" Liza argues.

"Oh then who would it be?" Jackson counters.

"Well if I had to guess it was Jo, because muffins stopped getting handed out around the time she was executed." Alicia chimes into the conversation. "I hate to admit it because I slightly don't agree with it, but it probably is Jackson. Although he was with us when the scream was heard, he arrived about two minutes before. He could've killed Ash and quickly ran to get an alibi, which is what I believe he did." Alicia adds on.

"That's untrue! If it was me why would I kill Marley?" Jackson reacts angrily.

"To get her off your case." Alex theorizes.

"The thing is, Jackson's argument makes more sense than Liza's because Liza's only alibi is 'Mary yadda yadda first couple nights', while Jackson has a whole collection of alibis on every night." Charlie disagrees.

"It is now time to vote, please head to the dining room table." The speaker announces.

As we walk into the dining room, I think about what I should do. I am obviously the swing vote, because Liza, Alicia, and Alex are voting for Jackson, and Charlie and Jackson will vote for Liza. So after a few minutes of thinking, I know what I have to do. On the paper in my neatest handwriting, I write down

Vinny.

I know I won't get any votes, so if I vote myself a tie cannot happen. Plus, I didn't wanna be the one to decide.

"I have received the votes. The person with the most votes is..."

"Please tell me you guys actually listened to everything I said," Jackson prays.

"Jackson."

End of Chapter 24, word count is 1,090 words.

A/N: we are approaching the end.

A/N2: Flickerisfun the ants are soon to come.