Chapter 9: Watching

P.O.V: Alex

I take my pen, and write down in my neatest handwriting

Sabrina.

Extraordinary, they've probably voted Veronica, what a waste of my vote.
Excellent, I've received the votes. It's time to see who the players believe the murderer is."

"I- I swear! If you guys voted me you're the dumbest humans out there!" Veronica says, struggling to yell anymore, and kind of admitting defeat.

"Sure we are, Veronica." Alicia mutters with no remorse at all after clearly voting Veronica

"The players believe Veronica is the murderer."

"It's not me! It's Sabrina I tell you all, I'm 100% sure! You fucking moronic people, clearly I'm not the murderer!" Veronica yells with her lasts breaths in an outrage

"The conclusion is incorrect, and the murderer remains on the loose. The accused player, Veronica, will be removed."

"Sorry if I was, in some way shape or form, 'suspicious' to you bastards." She snaps at us in her last moments. She leaves the house, and that same damn glass box comes from the ground, only, it has a green button and a red button. Veronica looks confused, but the box starts to close in from the roof down. She clicks the red button and water starts filling up the room, she quickly, in a panic, clicks the green button. With that button the glass box retracts back into the ground. Veronica, in a moment of relief, goes to leave the farm. Just within a moment of the glass going away, though, the ground disappears. Like, the entire ground. Except for under here, the house that has every single guest within. Veronica falls with a scream so loud it could break somebody's eardrum. Thump! Oh no... the ground reappears. That's really how much power these people have!?

"Well that sucks." Sabrina mutters, putting her hands on her hips like she really doesn't care at all.

"Yeah, too bad we lost another innocent." Alicia also mimics Sabrina carelessly.

"Are you guys serious?! Do you not even care?! An innocent person just DIED, and this isn't some simulation. It's not just some "That sucks." No, it's a real person! Even if you hate the person, doesn't mean you can act like it doesn't matter at all! Plus, she could've been the psychic, or the medic! And you're not one bit angry or sad?! Cmon guys, you're better than this." Austin fumes, very angrily. Charlie, hiding behind Austin, nods his head a bit in agreement.

"You don't tell me what to do." Sabrina sticks up for herself and Alicia, almost like her intention is to annoy all of us here. For all I know she could be the murderer. This, clearly, makes Austin angry. A lot of people have left the house by now, but im still watching this.

"Somebody literally died, you're acting like it's a SIMULATION!" Austin yells back at her. Austin then decides it would be a good idea to surprisingly run at her, and knock her off her feet. He then jumps on top of her, snd starts kicking and punching the shit out of her. After taking about 10 punches and 5 kicks to the stomach area, she finally decides to start fighting back and throwing punches herself. Austin just continues to win the fight and punches Sabrina in the jaw. She starts bleeding from her mouth, and Austin finally gets off of her. Just as Austin gets off her, the lights flicker out. Somebody runs through the door, I hear trampling while Charlie and I leave the house, so we aren't a big target.

P.O.V: Murderer.

I walk through the door to the house and pass by Charlie, and Austin outside before walking through the door. I walk up the stairs, to my room. I pull out the death order from my wardrobe, and cross of the next name on the list. Mary. I can't have her seeing me go into the bathroom to clean up the blood off me, she'll find me out eventually. She just keeps watching. I walk out of my bedroom, and as usual, down the stairs. This'll be... fun, one would say.

P.O.V: Alex

"Alright, Ash. Get up, let's investigate." Ash pushes his hands up, stretches, and yawns.

"Dude, what the hell. I was trying to get my beauty unconscious time." Ash says, obviously as a joke. I walk outside the door of his - that is now pretty much mine room, and he follows me. I grab the lantern off of the shelf next to the door outside, and walk downstairs.

"One sec dude, i gotta go to the bathroom." Ash says, grabbing the lantern out of my hands and walking to the bathroom. I wait at the bottom of the stairs for him to come back, but after 3 minutes, I hear the blood-curdling scream. It was Ash's voice. I was going to run to the bathroom as fast I could, but the lights flickered back on. I see Ash walk out of the bathroom, with a scared, more petrified, face. Like he saw a ghost. He runs towards me, and once he gets to me i have enough courage to ask

"Why'd you scream? Did you get attacked?" I ask him, eagerly. Lara and Annie walk through the doors arguing about some stupid things, I don't pay much attention.

"I- it's nothing! Don't go to the bathroom, by the way." Ash stutters a little, like for the first time here he is scared of the murderer. I, of course, being the curious human being I am, disobey him and walk straight towards the bathroom. Once i get in there, what I see is shocking. Ash was right, i should never have went in there.

Mary's was in the sink, but she was dead. She had her limbs torn apart all around the sink, blood was still swirling down the drain now.

"Hmm, something seems... off." The static from the speaker flickers on and off repeatedly. The noises from the speaker briefly stop, then start up again.

"Oh my! It appears one has died!" The speaker announces cheerfully as always that the house was breaking down into chaos. A swarm of many people come trampling into the house, because they heard Ash's scream a few minutes prior.

"Mary died from the Murderer. They were torn apart limb by limb in the sink."  I hear faint crying, that almost sounded like laughing from a little bit away.

"Kill me! I can't take it anymore, please, just stop this!" Liza screams. Thing is, she is a pretty tough woman. Seeing her break like this is unlikely. She must've had some sort of connection with Mary.

"I have news from our investigator as to who they believe the murderer is." The speaker announces. I honestly forgot the investigator exists, so this adds more suspense for me. A select few of other people seemed to have reacted how I did. Mostly just normal looks from the crowd, though.

"The investigator believes the murderer is Alicia."

End of chapter. Word count: 1452

Yeah, look for hints peeking at people's roles, btw, not just towards the murderer*

*fine, since you scrolled that far for a footnote, I'll give a hint to you. Far Survivors Only So Died Have,