85

Y E U N O

No way.

I heard my doorbell ring, but I was still preoccupied with the thought of her being on the other side of the door.

Another beep went through my phone.

From: Iraena
Open the door, please.

That made me knock out of my senses. Hurriedly, I opened the door and saw... my friends.

"Ey brotha, 'sup?" Brix greeted me.

Dissapointment ran through me as I gaze on both sides of the hallway. I knew she was still in school. What was I expecting anyway?

"'Di mo kami papapasukin?" Brix grinned as I opened the door wider. They were holding plastic bags and boxes like there's a celebration supposed to happen today.

My phone beeped once again.

From: Iraena
Why is there an old man in your room?

To: Iraena
What?

From: Iraena
Room 217

My brows furrowed and I felt a hand holding my shoulders. "Sino 'yan? Sumbong kita kay Iraena lagot..." I didn't mind him.

To: Iraena
My room's 517

From: Iraena
Ugh Deena.

Dee? What's anything got to do with her? I turned around and saw them sitting and looking through my things. Good thing I already placed Iraena's books in my room.

I looked at Dee who's fixing the table. Before I could even walk to her, the doorbell rang once again.

Lumingon ako kasabay ng mahinang tili ni Polly. I went back to the door and carefully opened it, trying not to hope too much again.

"I swear if this is wrong aga—" and then I met her eyes.

Her beloved eyes.

"I miss you." I quickly pulled her to an embrace.

My heart started beating with the scent of her perfume once again. "I really... really miss you."

She returned the hug. "Fine, I miss you too." Her chuckled resonated in my chest. I smiled.

"Si Iraena na ba 'yan?" Our hug was short lived because the two girls and Brix took Iraena away from me, engulfing her into big hugs too.

I smiled warmly at the sight.

I rolled her luggages inside before looking at her again and seeing her frown as she's still hugged by Dee and Polly.

I laughed at her face which she responded by rolling her eyes. I miss her eye rolling. I miss seeing her face to face. I miss her.

My peace is back, and I can see it in her eyes she found hers, too.

After they were gone, she helped me clean up the mess they left. I know she's having jetlag right now but she wouldn't let me clean the mess myself.

"Where will you stay?"

"Here," she answered. Lumingon siya sa maleta sa gilid kaya napalingon rin ako. "Why would I bring them here if I won't?"

"Okay."

She hummed.

Afterwards, we sat in the sofa, marveling and reading together The Darkness Of The Sun. We were both fast readers so we spent the whole day left reading the story, exchanging banters about what was inspired by our own conversations.

"Did you really plan this book to be the sequel?" We were almost at the end when I asked. "You wrote this first."

"Not until the storm happened," she shrugged and closed the book. She got out of my arm cage before looking at me. "It lacked complexity, in my opinion."

"Why was she angry at happy families? Why wouldn't she accept the friendship they offered? Why would she hate someone just because he's there? So that's," pointing at Dangers Of Purity, "The explanation."

I tilted my head before looking intently on her face. Gone was the gloom surrounding her, and her eyes might still lack emotions, but it's entirely different now.

And I don't know how to explain it, because even the Human Atlas Anatomy would be panning out with the intricacy of her eyes.

I looked away afterwards. Was I staring too long?

"Hey," I looked at her as she laced both her arms on my neck. "You can say no but I want to ask—"

"Yes," I answered. She laughed maniacally and moved away from me. It took me a long while staring at her glamorous smile before I see it close. A ghost of her smile still there.

I licked mine and shrugged. "What's the question for?"

"You didn't let me finish, how would you know?"

"I'm sure it's answerable by yes."

"I know but what if I asked you to leave me alone?"

"I would, probably."

I would because I'll just come back some other time. Everybody needs their time alone.

"Wow..." she shook her head in disbelief. "Wow Yeuno—"

"Can I use the kiss coupon?" That was lingering in my mind ever since I was watching her read. I would sometimes look on the book when I saw her do expressions but being too close to her makes you feel attracted to look at her face than to do something else.

Her brows furrowed. "The what?"

I got up and grabbed the paper she gave me back then. She curiously opened it and read the contents.

"Kiss coupon... seriously? I wrote that? Wow..." Her eyes darted at me suspiciously.

"Okay," she answered after a while of staring and brow twitching.

"Okay?"

"It's young Iraena's wish, I should fulfill it." Then she just pecked a kiss. Barely a touch.

"And this is my wish I should fulfill," before pulling my nape to reach her lips.

Home. I'm very much fond of my home.
____________________
A/N: That marks the end of the journey of my YeuRaena couple <33

Thank you for reading :)