16

I R A E N A

I sighed and placed down my phone beside me. I glanced at the wallet on my bedside table before picking it up and standing up.

I was actually comfortable in bed already. I'm already wearing my PJ's and my laptop's open so I could write another chapter.

And yet I didn't want to keep this wallet for the night. My thoughts ran wild about getting involved in a stealing incident when I'm the one who's being nice.

I shrugged. That's a good story.

Kinuha ko ang cap ko sa sabitan at sinuot 'yon. I didn't bother removing my pajamas and just wore a jacket to not collect too many germs from the outside.

I picked up my phone and placed the wallet in my pocket.

Lumabas na ako at bumaba sa hagdanan. The house was already quiet since Irion's inside his room already.

Mom and dad would probably be home at 11:30, I could hear the car and their footsteps when I would still be writing at those times.

I unlocked the gate and walked my way out of the subdivision.

The weather was chilly, good thing I wore a jacket. As I looked up, there weren't that many visible stars in the sky. It was just the lampposts and houses that illuminated the path.

As I headed out of the subdivision, it took five minutes of wandering across the sidewalk, following the cars that zoomed past me.

It made me wonder if ever these people are going home or if they also have errands to go to.

And it also amazed me that our world happened to be this modern, enough to keep myself occupied for the rest of the walk.

It was one minute past seven when I arrived at the Mist. It was already dark with just one of the streetlights giving me light.

I glanced at my phone. Hoping for a text from the owner.

I was in charge of closing the cafe tonight, and while cleaning, I saw the wallet. I immediately told the manager about it, but he simply just told me to contact the owner and give it back, not to give him.

I didn't want to but I had no choice. It's Balenciaga, and there were cards and a few dollars and peso bills in the wallet. It was a large sum, if I say so myself. Hindi ko iiwan ito sa loob ng cafe, evenif it's locked.

But I didn't want to keep it on me long enough, too.

My phone vibrated the same time a car stopped in front of the cafe. I shielded my eyes from the headlights and moved backward.

Pinatay naman niya agad 'yon at lumabas ang isang lalaki. I glanced at the text and then back to the man.

He seems familiar. I couldn't quite pinpoint who. It was dark, I couldn't see properly.

He stopped a good few meters away from me. "Hi, I'm the owner of the wallet," he quietly said and placed his hand on his pocket.

I felt belittled since I was just wearing pajamas and a jacket while he's wearing a basic tee and khaki shorts.

I glanced back at his face and found him looking away.

I remember now.

He's the reader and a regular at the cafe.

"You're..." I glanced at my phone and read his name I found on the business card. "Yeuno Kielson Sersico?"

He nodded. I just realized the name was familiar too.

Yeuno... Yeuno...

"I-I can show you my passport if you like, for assurance." He took out his passport from his pocket and handed it to me.

I laughed lightly and got it from his hand. I'm the one who's supposed to make sure that it's him, but he's making it easier.

Binuklat ko lang sandali at nakita ko agad ang pangalan niya. I handed it back and fished out the wallet from my pocket.

"Here's your wallet, you can check if something's lost." I shrugged and crossed my arms.

Tumagal ang tingin niya sa akin bago niya tingnan ang laman ng wallet.

"You're mad, right?" he said.

What?

My brows furrowed. "No... I'm not. Why would I be mad?"

He immediately jocked his head up, his eyes slightly wide. Panic was evident even without too much light between us. I haven't realized men could be as cute as this. It felt like I was seeing an older version of Irion.

I could incorporate one into a story.

"No, I mean your name. Yung name tag mo... I remembered it was Mad." He even gestured where my name tag was placed.

I laughed, my bad. "Oh, I misheard, sorry. And well, it's part of my name, but my name tag is just temporary until I get my real one," I explained even if I already explained last time. Tumango lang siya at nilagay ang wallet sa bulsa.

"Nothing's lost. Thank you for taking the time tonight to bring this back. Malapit lang ba bahay mo rito?"

I nodded and fixed my cap. "If there's nothing else, I'll go."

"Yeah, sure. Thanks..." he paused and I glanced back at him. He was still avoiding my sight.

"Iraena," I added. "I'm Iraena."

He nodded and smiled a little. "Thank you, Iraena. This wallet is special to me, so I'm thankful you got it."

I stifled a smile. "Too much gratitude for one night, Yeuno. Goodbye," I bowed down and walked away from him.

His name occupied my mind thinking of where I heard or saw it the whole walk home. It was when I was opening my social media when I realized.

To stand and be understood.

That was also from a Yeuno. I scrolled down my inbox and stopped when I saw his message.

It's from the same person. I hummed and smiled.

Funny how we already talked in two different situations. In his point of view, in two different persona's.