70

Y E U N O

After I sent the message, I grabbed my keys and went to my car.

Typical Iraena. She never liked telling literally, because that's who she is. She believes she's a puzzle piece no one tries to solve.

But I like puzzles. Even without a definite answer, I want to make her feel she's worth solving. That she's worth the time and effort.

I clutched the steering wheel and carefully stepped harder on the gas.

My phone beeped constantly and for sure, it's my friends. I didn't mind it and continued driving for a while.

When I got there, I parked and grabbed my phone and wallet.

The slight creak of the door and the smell of freshly brewed coffee entered my nose. My eyes carefully scanned the whole place, hoping to see her eyes. I held the hem of my hoodie before remembering where we sat.

She's outside.

Even with the glass wall separating the inside and out, I can already see her. Looking down, with an almost empty cup in her table.

I sighed. I held the door knob before pushing it, followed by the cold wind brushing my hair to the side.

Naglakad ako papunta sa harap niya at nakita ang nakasarado niyang kamay. Gently, my hands trailed to soothe her knuckles as I removed his balling fist.

"I'm not fine," she whispered, her voice cracked. "Why can't I never be fine?"

It was only her voice that I heard. Even the noises around us suddenly muted as I heard her silent sobs, like she's desperately trying not to lat me hear it.

With her brokenness, I broke too. Like two lost souls wandering around, her pain found its way to mine.

I tucked her hair to let me see her face before gently kissing the top of her hair. "Let's remove your vines, Iraena." She looked at me and I smiled at her. "Let's remove our vines together."