"Who?" Oshun, Forest, and Joaquin all asked in unison, equally eager.

"George Weasley." Tavius' voice lowered, crossing his arms over the edge of the table.

Simultaneously, Joaquin and Forest's brows shot up as they looked at Oshun with the same What are the odds look.

"Don't look at me like that." A muscle in Oshun's jaw twitched. "That has literally nothing to do with me."

"Why? What's going on?" Tavius asked, confused. His brows furrowed as his sage green eyes ping-ponged between Oshun and the Jeong twins.

"Might as well tell him now, Takahashi." Joaquin tilted his head at said girl, his fingers tracing the edge of his Potions textbook. His elbows rested on the table with his textbook between his forearms. "Then tell Mavi, Gio, and Da'Shylah after classes."

"I got two options," Oshun blurted as she bunched her big curls into a low bun, using her wand to hold her bun together. She tugged out two curls in front of her ears.

"Really?" Tavius seemed shocked, as he turned to her. "Who?"

"Malfoy and Fred," she whispered for his ears only. "There were an uneven number of boys and girls, so I got two."

"So you have to choose between them, I presume?" He raised a dark eyebrow, matching her whisper.

She nodded stiffly.

"Oshun isn't too happy about it." Forest threw her dark, short hair into a low bun as well since they would be making a potion in this class.

"No, she is not." Joaquin shook his head, staring at a glum Oshun. "It's okay, Oshun. I'm sure things will be fine. Just don't overthink it, yeah?"

She nodded, a movement that was barely noticeable.

"Aren't we lucky we got each other?" Forest laughed quietly in relief, her dark eyes landing on Tavius.

"Yes, we are." He chuckled huskily through a grin.

Forest and Tavius were forced together, and they were both more than fine with it.

They were both close friends and had trust in their relationship, so it was an easy win for them both. They knew the physical attraction was there since they both knew themselves that they were attractive.

As Snape strode in and immediately started the class, Oshun saw a platinum-haired Slytherin across the room, and he was looking at her with such intensity.

His hands were in his lap, as though he were toying with his rings, leaned back in his seat. A single platinum lock hung over his brow bone while the rest was brushed back.

His eyes darkened in something like distaste and disgust. The corner of his lip nearly twitched into a snarl as his jaw was set tight.

He had a tattoo on the left side of his neck. It was a big rose right on the side of his neck with the leaves shaded dark.

The tattoo made him more attractive, it really did. He was attractive in general.

But he was cruel and vile.

She veered her eyes away immediately, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. She forced her attention to the lesson and not the fact that one of her options was silently seething at her.

Her lower stomach tightened at the horrible feeling that she was being judged.

_____

"Right, so shall we get started on the assignment, or do you want to continue sticking your nose in your book?"

"Huh?" Oshun's eyes lifted from her book to see her roommate staring at her.