Chapter 3: Dinner With The Aftons

Not much has happened since yesterday. Michael and his friends actually decided to leave me alone but I'm sure that's just because of this stupid dinner we're having tonight. Speaking of, it's nearly time for that. Michael just so happens to live right across from our house, which isn't a good thing. Now I'm stuck seeing him everyday! I can't even get away from him on weekends!

Of course my father isn't going. He has 'business' but my mother still insisted on taking me. I just hoped this dinner wasn't going to be as awkward as I imagined.

"Y/N, we're leaving!" I walked out my room and went down the stairs to follow my moms voice.

"I don't think I'm feeling good." I fake coughed, a last attempt to get out of this dinner.

"That doesn't work on me, missy." My mom snarled. She grabbed my hand and walked me out the door. I groaned awaiting my impending doom.

"Ah, Mrs. L/N and Y/N. I'm glad you came." William grinned.

"So are we. I brought drinks!" My mom chuckled, gesturing to the wine she had in her hands. William chuckled back and let us inside.

"Michael, can you show Y/N around the house?" Why, oh why, would you ask that?! I knew this dinner was going to be a mistake, and now Mr. Afton is going to have Michael put me through hell!

"Fine." He mumbled. Michael started walking down the hall, to which I hesitantly followed. I turned around once more to see my mom flirting with William. Typical.

"Is your dad married?" I shivered at the thought of our parents dating.

"He's a little old for you, Y/N." Michael smirked. What the fuck!?

"Ew. I meant for my mom." I winced in disgust.

"I guess you could say he's married..." Michael muttered. I didn't really understand what he meant by that. You're either married or you're not. I shrugged the thought away and decided to remain silent. I didn't want to push his limits. Unfortunately, silence wasn't what he wanted.

"Your skateboard has been fun to ride." It's like rubbing salt in the wound.

"You're a brat. You know that?" I growled, trying my best to resist the urge to throat punch him.

"Speaking of...Elizabeth!" Michael and I reached a door that was closed. I could only assume his sister was inside.

"What do you want, Mikey?" A blonde haired girl opened the door.

"Oh my gosh! Our neighbor is a girl! I finally have someone to play with!" The girl squealed. It was actually very adorable. No one's ever been this excited about my presence before.

"Relax, Liz. She's only here for dinner." Michael huffed. Elizabeth ignored her brothers comment and turned to face me.

"Hi! I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz! What's your name?"

"I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you, Liz." I smiled, shaking her hand.

"Lovely name! Would you like to play with me, Y/N?" Michael just groaned at this. But I could care less, I'm not here for him anyway.

"Of course!" I giggled. Elizabeth smiled before letting me in her room and slamming the door shut on Michael. I wish I could've seen his hilarious face right now. He's probably fuming.

Michael POV:
Not only am I eating dinner with the girl I hate, she also just befriended my sister! She's not even supposed to be with her, she's supposed to be with me! Whatever, at least she's out of my way.