Chapter LXIV

"This is really beginning to strike a nerve.." (Y/n) whined, irritatedly rubbing their forehead,"Why can't I just skewer that little manipulative beast? We all know what'll happen, so we might as well go on and just beat him to a pulp."

Freya's grin was replaced by a hateful scowl,"Because, if we did that then we wouldn't have any proof to back us up."

"Who cares about clarification?" The witch spat, her eyes emitting a violet light,"Cappies are the most mindless of all sentient creatures that I've ever come across. Their input cannot be any less crucial as it is."

___________________________

The three sisters observed the situation, carefully. If any of their covers for blown, it was an immediate game over.

What they were watching was nothing short of boring; seeing Kirby give in to yet another nap had gotten repetitive and predictable. His body gave way once more and he fell over into slumber, snoring softly on the carpet of grass which comforted him. Dedede rolled his eyes, unamused by the child's stubborn and uncommunicative nature. Taking a seat under the cover of a great oak, he produced his mallet and lent it against his shoulder. Bandana Waddle Dee follows his King's motions and sat besides him, spear next to him.

Meta Knight was the only one to not sit down, instead he kept watch. He always had been observant, and his incredible reflexes proved it. A pen couldn't drop without him knowing.

That's what confused them all; if he was so alert, why hadn't he been able to tell they were there?

"It's weird. He'd of noticed us by now, surely." Saffron piped up, trying her best to whisper.

"I mean, what if he just wants to let us go on an adventure too? He's very kind like that!" Angelica beamed, putting her fists against her face,"He's such a nice person."

Persephone huffed at the statement, treating it as an accusation rather than a compliment,"He's not trying to get that image across, Geli, he wants to look fearsome and powerful, not caring and supportive."

"Which would explain why he trained Kirby all those years, and tret him as his own son." Angelica protested,"Also, what sort of nickname is Geli?"

Saffron continued to admire the scene, wondering what sort of relationships he had with them. He had a habit of moreso calling his friends 'acquaintances'.

"How do you think that the Meta Knights are holding up?" Saffron mused, her eyes glued on the setting.

Angelica's head was in the clouds, and she was unresponsive. Persephone had to click her fingers in front of her sister's face to prompt a haste and unthoughtful response,"I don't know."

"Real talkative aren't you, you little devil?" Persephone joked, grabbing Angelica by her shoulders and resting her head on her lap,"It's almost sunset, so you should be getting some sleep soon."

"Out here in the forest?!" Angelica squeaked,"That sounds...good."

As Angelica's eyelids faltered, she found herself failing to fight the tiredness.

Not too soon afterwards did Persephone follow suit, resting her head against a tree. Saffron cringed slightly at the position she was in.

She's going to wake up in pain.

When nightfall came around, she found herself wandering through the bushes to keep her mind awake. If she fell asleep, they would become vulnerable.

I just hope they're all ok.