Chapter XLI

(Y/n) was dragged carelessly into a restricted area by the child's mirror world counterpart.

Now, because of that, an entire goose chase was underway. Her normal world counterpart was chasing her, alongside the Queen and all of the head knights. It was highly irritating all of the followers, especially when MW locked the door behind her.

Enraged, the Queen hit her clenched fists against the wooden door,"Open up, MW! Or else I'll send you back to the mirror world!"

Her threat made the child shiver, going back to the mirror world was something she wanted to never happen. After all her efforts of escaping, it would be awful to end up back there.

Turning to her captive, she explained where she had brought to her,"This is arguably the best room in the castle. It is the Queen's potion room where she stores everything necessary to brew things."

(Y/n) tilted her head to a side, what did she mean by bringing her here? Why did the Queen have her own room and what set it above any other room?

"This room has the more..deadly spells and potions. The sort of things you wouldn't trust students with unless they were incredibly mature.

Waltzing over to grab a book, MW got hit with some form of energy barrier and fell backwards. With a scowl, she said,"That's why I need you. You're the chosen one and you can get that for me."

(Y/n) shook her head in refusal. There was no way she would help her for her own selfish gain.

As she ran to the exit, she tripped and stumbled. Landing right in front of her captor, she gave a hateful glare before lowering her head. "Look, I don't like unwillingness, so cooperate and it will be easier for the two of us." MW ordered.

Suddenly, the door fell into thirds. Behind it was the masked swordsman and his companions, along with the royal blood of the castle.

"H-How? No, I refuse to lose this opportunity! This is gold, it's perfection and I'm not losing again!" She screeched, trying to drag (Y/n).

(Y/n)'s body felt heavy and she laid on the floor lazily. Angelica went to go help her up at once, noticing her current situation.

The Queen shook her head in disbelief,"I'm sorry but we can't have your mirror world counterpart here anymore, she's obviously unstable." She told her daughter.

Holly walked over to MW and put both her hands on her shoulders,"I'm so sorry, MW, but you've become unstable. Just like all the other Mirror World beings, you've become hungry for authority and power. Maybe one day we can meet again, but for now it's goodbye." She sorrowfully mumbled.

She threw her arms around her before whispering a spell to send her back. All that remained of her was a shard of a mirror which she had dropped.