Chapter XLVIII

"So, what exactly does this mean for us?" Angelica pondered out loud, turning to her sisters.

Her rhetorical question was unanswerable at that moment in time.

"I'm not so sure..what if Sir Meta Knight doesn't make it out alive..?" Ebony whispered, tears forming in her eyes,"If the Star Warrior force can't defeat him then who says that the two of them can..?"

"You act as if Meta Knight is unskilled. He makes for a worthy opponent in combat, his skill is incredible." Perstephone interrupted.
"That's it to you. You're weak in a swordfight and know nothing. NME sounds much stronger than him and, don't forget, he killed most of the Star warriors." Ebony butted in.
"Well, who knows what that Kirby kid is capable of. He held back everything in that fight so lord knows what he's able to do." Faye muttered, paying no close attention to their discussion.

The elder of the four stared off across the tide, watching it ripple endlessly as the sun dipped behind the horizon. For once, they had bitten off more than they could chew.

They were more than right - what if Sir Meta Knight didn't make it back? What would happen to them? What would happen to the Meta Knights?

"No, he'd probably bring the Meta Knights with him. They're his crew, they'd follow him to the ends of the galaxy and back if they had to.." Perstephone murmured.
"And so would we!" Angelica boomed, sounding suddenly inspired,"If he goes down, then we go down too! We'll go with him and help to defeat Nightmare!"

They all looked at her as if she were crazy. For a second, her golden halo slanted above her head before straightening itself several seconds later,"Mollie is a witch, right? Well, she can teach us her ways so we'll be of use in the battle!" Angelica exclaimed.

Her point was a good one, they could always train in secret so they could tribute towards the downfall of NME.

"Or maybe I could just help you with a simple spell.." Mollie smirked, coming out of nowhere.

Angelica was so startled that she toppled backwards onto the golden sand. "Ruuuuude!!" Angelica groaned.

With a slight chuckle, Mollie produced a spellbook from thin air,"I've been waiting to cast something along these lines. This is my elemental spellbook and within it's pages, it holds a spell capable of gifting breathtaking abilities." She explained.

The front cover of the book had a silver moon shaped crystal accompanied by a crowd of stars. "I'll need to consider it. I'm not sure if it'll work without some side effect ruining it." She frowned, reading the page she had turned to.

"Well, we don't mind. We want to be useful in the battle and we'll take anything!" Angelica ambitiously squeaked.

"Very well, I'll use the spell. There's no guarantee that you'll get the abilities you want but here's to hoping!" Mollie shrugged.

A blinding blue light shone from the book and threw them all backwards.