Chapter IL

Once the spell had been casted, Mollie gave a discontent sigh.

Noticing this, Faye asked her what was wrong.

"It's not as if you'd understand, Faye. It's more than you think.."

"Well, if you explained then maybe we could understand better.." Faye frowned, determined to get to the bottom of it.

Mollie shifted her fringe to reveal her eyes, coloured a piercing bubblegum pink. "Fine, you're so desperate to know then I'll tell you. Look around, Faye! You're choices aren't yours! In this universe, it centres around (Y/n), why else do you think she's the 'chosen one'?" She hissed spitefully,"We mean nothing here, no matter how many years we may have served Sir Meta Knight."

Faye's eyes widened at the last sentence,"We..mean nothing?" She repeated.

Mollie gave a slight nod and sighed heavily,"I don't mean to sound rude or offensive, it's just the truth. We don't contribute anything to the story and everything we do only helps the protagonists."

The other girls paid no attention to what nonsense Mollie was sprouting, instead they splashed in the shallow waters of the ocean.

Concerned, Faye asked her for more information to back up her point.

"I've told you enough already, Faye. It only makes sense that I tribute nothing anyways..nevermind." Mollie groaned.

With that, she left Faye to think about what had been said.

Story? Plot? Was that Mollie's way of saying that the entire think was like a terrible novel? Probably.

She thought nothing of what had been said in case it was just a prank of Mollie's.

Faye watched as her sisters paddled around in the tidal waves that emerged from the horizon. The sun had begun to dip behind the ocean, casting a tropical ombre across the sky. Every cloud in the sky was a bashful bubblegum shade, the sort of colour that cotton candy was.

Faye's mouth watered, it had been a long time since she had eaten cotton candy.

No, it had been a long time since she had seen cotton candy.

As she sat on the sand, Faye wondered what (Y/n) and Meta Knight had done that day.