Eight

Lola had been avoiding Patrick ever since she had told him to make a decision. Lola knew that she didn't want to be a dirty little secret anymore.

She hated it. She hated how it made her feel. She felt cheap and like a slag. She knew that she didn't want to feel like that.

Lola walked down into the kitchen. She smiled as she saw Aimee. "Are you okay?" Aimee asked.

Lola sighed. "I guess so. Things are just hard. You know?"

Aimee pulled her into a hug and smiled. "I know it's hard. I know there is some stuff going on with you and Patrick. But it will be okay," she told her.

Lola looked to her sister. She smiled. "I just need to think about me. I know what I got into with Patrick. I know he's with Maxine. But it's getting complicated. I can't let myself get hurt," she said.

Aimee looked to her. She smiled. "I know it's hard. But it will be okay. If Patrick wants to be with you, then he will make the right decision. If he doesn't, well tis his loss isn't it," Aimee said as Lola looked to her and smiled.

****

Lola walked through the village. She saw Patrick as he looked to her a she sighed. "You have been avoiding me," he said.

Lola looked to him and sighed. "And why do you think that is?Look things are complicated. I can't sit back and end up hurt with this. What we have is great. But I am not going to put myself in the position where I will end up hurt."

Patrick looked to her. "I am not going to hurt you. But it's not as simple as telling Maxine the truth. And you know it," he said.

"What do you want me to do Patrick? Keep up with this? I am not this girl who gets involved with another woman's man. I hate how cheap and gross I feel because of it. This is not me!" Lola said.

Patrick sighed. "We will make it work. I am going to tell Maxine the truth. I just need some time. Can you give me that?" He asked as as she looked to him and nodded.

She hated the situation that she was in. But she knew that it was too late to stop what they had going now.

Lola knew that she had to find a way to deal with it

****

Lola sat in the Roscoe house. She sat texting Patrick as Aimee walked in. Lola looked to her. "Don't look at me like that," Lola said.

Aimee sighed. "I'm worried. I am worried he is using you Lo. I am worried that you are going to be the one who is hurt the most in this. I know that you are falling in love with him. But I am scared. I am scared that he is going to break your heart," she told her.

Lola looked to her and sighed. Knowing that she was fearing the exact same thing.