Farewell Party

So someone asked me if this story is made to actually shit on the harem genre due to the "harem consequence" theme we're running in the story. All I can say is...

Well... They're not wrong.

Enjoy!

________________________________________

" The sun is about to set... The day is almost over..."

His mind is clear as a cloud while gazing upon the sun that is about to take its leave. He is fully aware of the dire situation he is in, but he used this time to peacefully watch the sunset.

Why is that?

" No more mishaps... We're ending this now."

As he says this, he heard subtle footsteps coming from his behind. The sound gets stronger and stronger each step is taken, though he doesn't use this chance to see the source of the sound. Instead, he continues looking at the sunset as he waits for the footsteps to stop.

' I no longer here Towa and the others fighting... It could either mean that they lost or won.'

???: " Oi..."

The footsteps finally stop. Now, a new source of sound is heard. The voice seemed close... Probably just a few meters away from him.

" Hey... I sort of expected that you'd come..." He says as he continues to look at the sun.

???: " Instead of finding a place to hide, you chose to stay here and do nothing as the whole HQ plummets to chaos. I can no longer understand your line of thoughts."

' I've always believed that Fubuki would never harm me, and I still do until now. She's always been the person that puts herself on the frontline to keep the others safe.'

???: " Are you going to turn around and face me? Or do you wish to spend your remaining time like that?"

' Though this person doesn't sound like Fubuki at all, I can definitely feel the similarities between them.'

Slowly, he hid both his hand in his pockets before he turns around to finally face her. The unwavering look on his face made the person in front of him grit their teeth in anger.

" What have you done to Fubuki?" His serious gaze pierces through her eyes.

Kuro: " Shirakami? You're talking to her right now." She grins.

" So did Fubuki turn emo these past few hours? It sure does suit her well."

Kuro: " Pulling out our final joke before our death, are we? I envy your confidence, human."

She takes out her blade. She then makes multiple air slashes to demonstrate her skill with the katana.

' She's been acting weird since morning so I figured that something off is happening to her. She told me about the kidnapping but didn't bother to tell me the details about it.'