Chapter 32: Village Games of Schemes

Start from the beginning

"-While we appreciate your help, we can do it ourse-"

Ruri could not even object as Ana lifted her up in bridal style, the two girls ignoring the fuss that Turquoise, Jasper and Ruri's father was making. Ana started to climb the stairs easily. She gently laid Ruri down on her resting spot.

"Just behave there and watch me beat the shit out of my opponents." Ana leaned down to whisper on her, "Don't worry, when I win, I'll make a rule where the priestess can choose whoever she wants to marry."

Ana winked as Ruri's face flushed, she did not waste any second longer as she went outside. The priestess decided to not reply to Ana and just calm herself first.

When Ana went back down, it was just in time for her to see the bracket, and the opponents she will fight. After all, if she ends up fighting Senku or any of her friends, she won't beat the shit out of them, but just beat them. At seeing the blank and deadpanned face of her friends, Ana tugged on Lalaine's sleeve.

"What happened?" Asked Ana.

"Look, Ana... Just... Look..." Lalaine pointed at the bracket, the other side, opposite of where Ana and her opponents were.

'Oh... I was too focused on what way I should beat my opponents that I forgot to look at theirs...'

When Ana saw it, her face scrunched up.

"Is this a fucking joke?" She hoped so, they all do.

"ROUND ONE OF THE VILLAGE GAMES WILL BE..."

It was not a joke.

"KINROU VERSUS MAGMA!!"

"It's all the exact opposite of what we prayed for!!!" Exclaimed Suika, "And look at where Miss Ana is! She's at the other side of the matches!"

Kohaku, who was slumped down due to the announcement of the first round, perked up at that.

"There's still hope! If... If Ana manages to beat all of her opponents at her bracket, then, we'll have a chance to win this!" Suggested Kohaku, "And even if she ends up fighting a strong opponent, we can just tire them out! If it's any of us, then one of us could just forfeit!"

"I like your thinking" Surpisingly, it was Chrome who agreed right away.

"What do you mean 'if'? Don't even try to imagine me losing to anyone." Ana playfully huffed before making her way to the exit of the village, "We still have time, we should do some last minute preparation due to this sudden... Changes. Seriously, Senku, what is with your bad luck? I just went away because I had to let Ruri rest, and your luck immediately cursed the matches."

"Hey! Why me?!" Senku stared at her, "If you're my lucky charm, then you should always be around me, and not anywhere else!"

He froze, thinking back about what he just said.

'Oh wait, that sounded different...' Senku sped up his walk.

Ana, who forced herself to recover from that unintentional smooth line that Senku dropped.

"You said all that and yet you're the one walking away from me? Come here!"

Senku ran, he was no match for Ana's speed.

"Did they forget that they should save their strength for later?" Kohaku felt like looking away from those two.

"That's normal, you have no idea how much something like this has occurred between them." Said Lalaine, laughing as she remembered all the ridiculous situation those two were in, "It was worse back in our days because of the internet."