29| I Am Now

Liliana's PoV

"Why are you hosting the ball tonight?," I asked slightly panicked as I paced back and forth in front of Sebastian who was leaned back, relaxing in my bed.

He just announced that the ball is tonight for no fucking reason. He didn't even give me a heads up and I haven't even had time to unpack since we only came back two days ago.

He shrugged his shoulders and sat up. "It'll be fine," he assured me. "Just find a dress and show up at my house."

"That's not that easy to do," I told him. "The last mafia ball I went to, I was shot and your mom wanted to kill me."

He let out a sigh and stood up, pulling me closer to him. "I know. But I promise nothing will happen to you. You will be fine. You just need to show up."

"Oh you planned it, didn't you?," I asked. "You knew you were gonna do it tonight and you decided to tell me hours before."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "I forgot to tell you about it and honestly, I got someone else to plan it."

I let out a sigh as I bit my lip. "Guess I'm gonna have to get ready then."

~

I was finally ready. Jordan was acting like some proud parent. "You look stunning," he announced as he pretended to wipe a tear from his face. I narrowed my eyes at him.

I looked down at the floor length gown. "It's not too much, is it?," I asked him and Valentina. She rolled her eyes at me.

"You've been to thousands of these before. You'll be fine and you look amazing," she said.

I let out a sigh and took one last look at myself in the mirror. A black shimmery but see-through gown covered me. The v-neck covered what needed to be covered but left a lot of skin exposed. My left leg was completely exposed from the high slit.

Valentina stood next to me reapplying her lipstick with a similar dress as mine on her.

"Lets' go," I breathed out before I grabbed my phone and put my heels on.

We all piled into the back of the car before we headed over to Sebastian's home. My leg bounced up and down as my nerves began eating away at me.

"Stop it!," Vin snapped at me. My movements instantly stopped. "Thank you!"

I didn't say a word as I stared out of the window.

Around 30 minutes later, we arrived. Security had let us in and the car stopped at the top of the drive in front of the stairs leading to the huge double doors.

We all got out of the car, being careful to not stand on each other's dresses and feet as we slowly walked up the stairs. The door was pulled open and we were ushered inside.

We were shown to the ballroom where the ball was taking place. Chatter was all I could hear. There must be hundreds of people here.

Valentina squeezed my arm just before we walked in and all eyes were on us before they resumed back to their conversations.

"Liliana!," my parents said confused as they saw me. "What are you doing here?"