Chapter 8: Nervous

Start from the beginning

Picking up the vase of flowers, I carried them into the kitchen and placed them next to the other bouquet of flowers that Alec had given to me.

He was right, if he kept this up my home would turn into a floral shop. Not that I'd mind.

Rushing back and carefully picking up the big parcels, I carried them into the living room and placed them down on the floor.

Sitting down cross legged, I pulled the ribbon loose and opened the lid only to find the most beautiful dress I had ever seen.

Hovering my fingers above the silk material, I stared at the beautiful light shade of pink almost too scared to touch something so perfect and something incredibly expensive.

It definitely cost more than 3 months worth of rent.

My heart was racing at how different my life had turned overnight.

I would only ever dream of owning a dress like this one and now it was in my hands expecting to be worn tonight.

Feeling completely in awe, I turned my attention to the other box and opened it up to find a beautiful pair of heels.

Oh God, I can barely walk in heels full stop.

Picking them up, I turned them around, my mouth dropped at the beauty of them but also the fear of falling in them. But before I could gawk at them anymore, a small note dropped onto my lap.

Carefully placing the shoes down, I picked up the note with the same handwriting as the ones found on the flowers and smiled at the words.

You are a simple girl with simple pleasures. Please, don't feel obliged to wear these heels. Your comfort is just as important. You'd look absolutely stunning even if you wished to wear flats. Can't wait to see you tonight.

Alec x

Placing the note down, I picked up the monster heels and stared at them once more. As much as I barely wore heels, I wanted to try for him. Besides, I was fairly short for a woman and Leon and Alec were so much taller.

Collapsing back on the sofa with the heels in my grip, I looked up at the ceiling and smiled.

**********************

6pm

Alec

Standing outside Arabella's flat with a bouquet of white flowers in one hand and the other hand in my pocket nervously fiddling with the inner material, I waited for her arrival.

This was so out of character. I was a leader of a gang, I owned businesses across England and got involved with fucking torture, yet here I was sweating slightly whilst waiting for a beautiful girl.

My heart was racing and I had no ability to slow it down.

Staring at my watch, I frowned seeing that it was still 6pm and not even a single minute had gone past, even though it felt like it had.

But as soon as I lifted my eyes away from the watch, I felt my racing heart stop.

There she was trying her level best to walk in those ridiculous heels Leon insisted on giving her. But I couldn't give a shit about those, instead my eyes were drawn to Arabella's infectious smile. She was absolutely breath taking and in all honesty I was so glad she was the first girl I had ever taken out on a date.

The dress I had bought for her was absolutely perfect. It hugged her figure tightly which showed off her heart stopping curves. How could she not see herself as beautiful?

Leon had told me what she had said to him in his office, and it completely broke me.

A part of me wanted to hunt those down who ever dared to wreak havoc on her mind. The way she compared herself to other girls and belittled herself all because of their jealous words.