Chapter 8: Nervous

Börja om från början

***********************

Arabella

The next day

Scrubbing my face over and over again, I splashed the cold water on my skin to try and wake myself up from this very realistic dream that sounded like it came straight from a book.

A lost girl carrying round a backpack of trauma only to capture the eyes of two very different but both very powerful men.

This had to be a mistake. I was the most boring person who hated socialising. My dream day would be staying in my pyjamas whilst being bundled up by my thick duvet and getting lost in a good book. I wasn't one for clubbing or fancy dinners. People stressed me out. I'd much rather go through life alone, but these two strange men have come along and in the short time I've known them, for the first time in my life, I feel special.

Gently drying my face with a soft towel, I looked up at the mirror and smiled at the new overwhelming feeling of confidence.

Even though I didn't have University today, I just didn't wish to lay in bed like I normally did on my day off. I was excited for tonight's plans, even though I had no idea what to expect.

Tying the belt of my towel robe, I walked over to my freshly boiled kettle and poured it over my herbal mint teabag.

Getting engrossed in the way the steam rose from the porcelain cup, I was dragged out of my childish haze at the sound of the doorbell being pressed incessantly.

"C-Coming" I shouted before mentally slapping my hand on my face realising they were outside the building and couldn't hear me.

Using my buzzer to let them into the building, I quickly peered through the spy hole only to gasp at the sight before me.

Quickly unlocking all my locks, I pulled the door open and let out an audible gasp.

"Hello?" I asked out to the man who had disappeared behind the huge bouquet of flowers.

"Got a delivery for Miss Harrington?" the delivery man struggled to get out.

"O-Oh yes, that's me".

Accepting the massive bouquet of exquisite flowers, I shakily placed them down behind me and blushed at the gesture.

"And these" the man's deep voice echoed behind me.

Staring round at him in confusion, I was quickly handed a huge box with a smaller one on top.

"This is all for me?" I asked hoping he'd enlighten me on the situation.

"Guess someone found themselves a sugar daddy" the sleazy delivery man smirked as he looked down at my legs.

Quickly slamming the door and locking every lock with haste, I turned to the locked door and lent against the wall desperately trying to catch my breath.

Why is it always men that ruin special moments.

Eager to distract myself, I sat down next to the flowers and packages and smiled as I pulled the small note off the box of flowers.

"To the sweetest girl, I am so glad to have met you, and now that you wondered into my life, you will have more flowers than a floral shop. You deserve the world and I intend to give it to you. This is just a small gesture to show you how beautiful you should feel. Also it would please us greatly if you wore the outfit we have provided you with. Be ready for 6pm sweetheart.

Alec x

Clutching the note to my chest, I felt my heart swell at his words and his kind gesture.