Chapter 26: Comfort and Pastries

Start from the beginning

Her hands were shaking as she was about to delete the video but then she got an idea.

"Actually." She breathed out. "I'll send this to Micah to send to you Mason for evidence."

"Alright, that's fine."

Mariana tapped on her phone as she sat back down and gently caressed Micah's head. Even though she was boiling inside like a kettle, knowing what she would do to Electra once she's grabbed hold of her, made her smile.

"Micah, is it okay if I get dad to come to you for any updates. I'm kind of busy these days but I came today so that I can give you this," Mason picked up a plastic bag.

Micah was looking at his phone but briefly placed it on his chest. He held a deep frown but nodded at this point. By now, he didn't seem to mind anything and it was only till they get their kids back.

"Sure."

"Also, this is for you and Mariana. Just a little peace offering." He brought out Ferraro Rocher and a bouquet.

"I'm sorry for trying to take advantage of you Mariana," Mason said and nudged the gifts towards them while keeping his head low.

Micah didn't say anything but only kissed his teeth and rolled his eyes. However, Mariana was stuck in her seat as this left her in a bit of a shock.

Eventually, she stood up and advanced towards the table.

"Thanks, Mason," she muttered and picked up the flowers. She slowly retreated to her seat, feeling confused and teary-eyed because this was the first apology she had gotten, out of all the things that had happened.

"I'm glad you like them. Anyway, I'll be going now, see you later." He stood and collected his things before leaving.

Mariana then put the flowers on a vase and then opened the Ferraro rocher to share with everyone.

When it was time to go to bed, Mariana was sat on the edge and pulled at her bathrobe. Her body felt exhausted and she was about to go limp when Micah came out from the shower.

He had a towel wrapped around his waist and was dripping with sprinkles of water. Mariana could see the steam radiating from him and felt her heart palpitating, making her chest grow warm. Her mouth hung open and she held her legs together tightly as they started tingling.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Um fine, I guess." Mariana nodded. She tried to smile but it quickly faded away.

"I'm still upset about the video. I don't want to think about what our kids might be going through at this minute." She sniffed as snot leaked out.

"Me too, but we just have to keep our heads up and hope we get them back soon before things get worse." He sighed and squeezed her hand in comfort.

"I know." She smiled at his attempts to keep her spirits up. She responded favorably by sitting on his lap and resting on his chest.

"But I'm proud of how much you're cooperating with your brother. I know it's not easy, but I just wanted you to know how grateful I am."

"I know, don't worry about it. You and our kids are my world, so it's all worth it."

"Yeah, but I don't want to seem ungrateful, because sometimes I feel like I do seem like that."

"You don't seem like that to me Mariana," he said, squeezing her hands. "I can always tell your grateful for everything."

"Aw I'm glad." Mariana blushed and then pulled him close, sealing their distance with a tight kiss. "Because I don't want you to ever think that," she murmured and pulled him into an embrace and a tight kiss.