Chapter 4). Sticking to my feelings

~Y/N POV~

~Attorney field~

I was with Ben and Carlos as they were training, I asked Ben before if i could tag along with him and watch and he said yes.

"Okay Carlos we're gonna do some sprints! You ready?" Ben yelled to Carlos as he was about to run.

Carlos got ready to run as Ben yelled go he started sprinting.

"Oh! Ah! No, wait!" Carlos started sprinting.
"Sweet" Ben remarked at his efforts and smiled at me as i smiled back at him.
"No! Ah!" Carlos yelled as he started sprinting even faster.

Then we saw a dog behind him.

"Carlos? Carlos!" I shouted to him as he he went past us.
"Whoa-Whoa-Whoa!" Ben and i started running after him.
"Y/N? Ben?!" He shouted as we ran after him into the forest.

Carlos then climbed up onto a tree as the dog was at the bottom of it wagging its tail.

"Ben, Y/n help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. This is a vicious, rabid pack animal!" Carlos screamed as we stopped where he was.
"Hey who told you that?" I asked.
"My mother" he replied still hanging onto the tree.
"Cruella?" Ben questioned,
"She's a dog expert. A dog yellerer." Carlos said looking at Ben bewildered.

I picked up the dog into my arms.

"Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!" Carlos looked at me concerned.
"Carlos, never actually met a dog have you?" I laughed.
"Of course not-" He said.
"Dude, meet Carlos. Carlos, this is dude. He's the campus mutt." Ben introduced Dude to him.

Carlos got down from the tree and started to examine dude.

"He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal." Carlos said as he stepped closer to me and dude.
"Jeez. You're a good boy, aren't you? You're a good boy." He started to pat dude and took him from my arms.
"I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island." Ben said.
"Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs" Carlos replied
"Good boy. I-I mean, you're a good runner. You're... you're fast, you know." I said to Carlos embarrassed by what I first said. I felt my face going a bit red.
"O-Oh. Yeah. Thank you." He blushed.
"Yeah. Listen, I'm gonna give you guys some space, yeah? You guys get to know each other and just, you know, come find me when you're done, okay?" Ben motioned out of it as he winked at me.
"Ben!" I whispered shouted at him but he already walked away.

I turned to Carlos as we sat down of the bottom of the tree, he was still petting dude. I felt my heart thumping as i turned red, Carlos looked at me.

"Sorry for kissing you on the cheek so suddenly on the bleachers, it was only meant to be friendly." I said looking away from him  trying to cover my face since i had gone red thinking about what i did.
"It's okay." Carlos said.

For a while there was a little silence after that for a few minutes until Carlos said.

"S-so uh what's up?" Carlos asked with a bit of redness creeping up onto his face.
"Honestly, I just kinda feel..." i said looking up at the sky then dropping my head trying to get myself more comfortable as i finished the sentence mumbling.
"What did you say?" Carlos asked not hearing the last couple of words.
"Its fine- Never mind about it" I sighed.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked looking like he got as well comfortable.
"It nothing really, but I was just wondering how do you guys from the isle feel sometimes. It must've been rough" I looked at Carlos.
"Oh"Carlos mumbled.

I stared at him realising what i just said.

"IM.SORRY.I.DIDN'T.MEAN.TO.BRING.IT.UP" I said quickly panicking thinking that i made him uncomfortable.