Chapeter 6) The before ♥︎

~Third person POV~
~Lunch Area~

As Evie snuck behind Doug as she gently showed Doug her test results.
Dougs face lit up as he saw it, "For the first time, It's like I'm more than just a pretty face." Evie sighed as she went to sit next to him
"A shocker huh?" Doug smiled sarcastically.
"You were pretty great in there" Evie chuckled softly.
"So were you"

"I bet I can get an 'A' on the next test without the mirror." She smiled.
"Yeah. Well, maybe we can get together and We'll hang out with..." he fumbled with his worlds until Evie interrupted.
"Yeah, let's get together."

~First person POV~

Me and Mal crept behind a bush spyin- I mean carefully watching Evie and Doug silently.
"Dude don't you think this isn't a little bit creepy?" I whispered into Mal's ear.
"Shhhh" Mal waved her hand across my face.
'Whatever..' I though to myself

A couple of moments before I started to speak again.

"Uh should we intervene?" I asked.
"Nah lets just sit here for a little bit" Mal replied sighing at the sight of one of her best friends slowly falling in love.

"..."

The awkward silence traveled through the air for a moment.
"Yeah we should go there now"

She got up from behind the bush as she almost began walking towards Evie and Doug, I was about to do the same until I heard a whisper coming from behind me.
"You know its impolite to watch someone right?"
"WHAT IN THE WORLD-"
I jumped from surprise, my fist landing on what felt like a jaw.

Turning to see who I accidentally swung at, I break into a sweat learning I just punched Carlos in the face.

'...'
WHAT THE FUCK I JUST PUNCHED CARLOS IN THE FACE.
"HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT! IM SO SORRY" I start to get down on my knees to help him up.
"Damn Y/n I didn't know you had that strong of a punch" He replied with a weak grin, laughing it off.

"I'm so so sorry" I checking if there was any bruising on the place that i hit.
There was.
A wave of guilt and embarrassment hit as i feel my face heating up.
"No seriously N/n I'm fine, though... I do think you broke my jaw" he chuckled as he was smoothen the bruised area still holding onto his jaw.
I rolled my eyes and smiled at his attempt at a joke to ease the guilt, but i still felt it. I literally bruised the guy.

"We should get you a ice pack though?" I said as we both got up and started heading towards the nurses office, he nodded at the suggestion as we both started walking to the nurse's office.
My ears were tinted red from embarrassment, and it didn't go away until we reached the nurses office. I grabbed an ice pack from the freezer as Carlos found his way to a vacant couch.
I walked up to him sitting beside him gently placing the ice pack on his jaw.
He was so close i could feel his breath slightly hitting my ear.

A light flush spreads across both our faces.

"So um what were you doing?" I tried to break the uncomfortable silence between us.
"I was actually just on my way to Jay's dorm, and then I saw you hiding behind a bush and then... well" he awkwardly smiled
"Oh cool" I smiled.
Damn the tension is unreal.
Carlos tilted his head towards a clock near by us.
"I should get going or I'm gonna be late, and i don't jay to beat my ass" Carlos chuckled, as he stood up reaching his hand out to help me up. I took it.
We started heading out the door into the hallway where we both stood, not knowing what to say to each other.
"Well... I guess I better get going huh?" He looked at me.
"Yeah! Sure..."
He started to walk off as I was kind of disappointed that we didn't get to... I guess have a romantic moment?
I sighed at myself as I was gonna start heading my way back to my dorm, but then I felt a head slightly wrap around my waist and turn me the other way.
It was Carlos.
He gave me a kiss on the cheek and gazed into my eyes.
"I'll see you later... yeah?"
I started reddening as I couldn't make out any words but leaving my mouth wide open. Was it me or was Carlos getting more and more bold?
God that was actually so attractive.
"Oh right, uhm bye?" I nervously chuckled, he smiled at me again as I waved him off.