Fourteen

Jennifer sat in the car with her dad. Waiting about five minutes before her mother made her way back to the car. Once she was in the car she began talking.
"Jennifer, that girl was absolutely gloating about you."

"She was?" Jennifer asked confused.

"Yes, she said you outplayed soccer itself I think she really cares about you," Mary said as she looked up in the mirror to see Jennifer in the back.

"I care about her to mom," Jennifer said as her mom backed out of the parking spot and made their way into the main road.

Once they arrived home Jennifer was fast out of the car with her bags and made her way into the house. She wanted nothing more than to lay on her own bed.

She had finally made her way upstairs and she was beyond relieved when the back of her body made contact with her bed. She just layed there for a while. Then decided it would probably be a good idea to unpack. She turned on some music while she unpacked and it took her about 20 minutes before she got distracted by a shirt in her dresser. It was from the freshman homecoming game, her school was small and their female soccer team was the star of the show.

The shirt was a white shirt with her number on it that everyone in the crowd signed, who's idea was it? Emily's. Jennifer stood there lost in thought grasping the shirt, once she came back into reality she put the shirt back in the dresser and finished unpacking.

Once she tackled that task she went ahead and took her daily shower, that was the only way the blonde felt clean and, her hair always felt nice. She enjoyed that shower theirs something about coming home and being in the comfort of your own home. That made Jennifer sigh she missed this, but she also missed sharing a room with Emily that was something that she could have gotten used to.

She exited the shower after wrapping her hair and getting dressed she made her way into her bed and just relaxed watching friends for the rest of the day.

Emily on the other hand when she got home, just went straight to her room not even bothering to carry her bags up with her. Once she got in her room she started pacing, the conversation with Mary she had figured out what was different between then and now.

She and I were growing closer because we have been having actual conversations together, Emily realized that she had never really done that before. She may have wanted to but she didn't know how to truly express or properly word what she had wanted to say.

Emily had stopped pacing and calmed down a little. She walked over to her desk grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and sat down. She started by writing her name, then added her favorite things about her. None of it sounded right or good enough. She went through this process about 10 times before she decided that she wasn't gonna write it out. She racked her brain thinking of other ways. Nothing seemed to pop up.

She decided to go downstairs and get some food before heading back upstairs to resume her process of trying to figure out how to tell Jennifer. The food hadn't helped with anything just made her less hungry and more tired. She checked the time it was 12:32 pm she decided that it was an okay time to take a nap.

Jennifer had just finished watching friends as she got up and went downstairs for lunch it was around 3 so late lunch early dinner what ever you wanted to call it. Mary had arrived back home from her doctor's appointment a couple of hours earlier. When she got home she started making fettuccine alfredo with broccoli seeing how that's Jennifer's favorite dinner and it was her first night back home.

About an hour later Jennifer had finished eating with her parents and they cleaned up the kitchen together after that she headed back to her room to resume friends and relax for the rest of the night.

Emily had just woken up from her nap, she checks her phone for notifications there was nothing there. She had accidentally slid to the right and saw the weather app it was about 75 degrees out, and it was staying at that temperature until early in the morning the next day. She had one thought pop into her head and it all finally clicked she knew what she had to do.

She got up took the quickest shower of her life and changed into comfy clothes. She walked back into her room and grabbed a blanket, also grabbed her phone and as she made her way downstairs she grabbed a bag of chips before making it out to her car. She got in got situated and then put the car into drive. She knew where she was going but she didn't know what she was gonna say. But do you ever really know what you're going to say.

Word count: 869