Eleven

Jennifer and Emily made their way into the hotel's room for team dinner. Dinner was amazing, it was greasy cheeseburgers and crispy fries.

After dinner Coach made a speech.

"Listen team you have been amazing these past couple of days the teamwork and the communication is there. I'm proud of you guys, but tomorrow is gonna be one of the biggest days of your soccer career. I need you all to be rested and prepared for tomorrow. So get a good night's rest and wear your lucky shirt under your jersey or whatever your good luck charm is. So we can take home that state championship trophy." The whole team cheered.

"Hands in, and on three "we will win," one of our teammates said. "one, two, three we will win." the whole team yelled.

After that coach sent us upstairs earlier than normal to make sure we got a good night's rest.

Jennifer and I made our way up to our hotel room and got settled into bed. I was reading my book and Jennifer was going over her playbook.

"Hey, Jen why don't you come over here with me and we can go over plays to stay refreshed for tomorrow?" Emily made an offer to the blonde.

"Yeah, I think I would like that," Jennifer said as she walked over to Emily's bed and cuddled up closer to Emily so she could see the book.

"I haven't put the new play we did at the second game in here yet," Jennifer said softly.

"Well I honestly don't remember either so I can't help you there," Emily said laughing.

"I thought we were supposed to be going over the plays, not forgetting them," Jennifer said playfully.

"Jennifer you are something else I've got to say," Emily said smiling.

"Emily," Jennifer said seriously.

"Yeah?" Emily said confused.

"You keep saying "Jennifer you are something else." what do you mean when you say that."

"Well, I just- you are amazing, to say the least. I have never met anyone like you, and I've been to almost every place in the world." Emily said smiling.

Jennifer switched their position to where she could hug the brunette, and she whispered in her ear. "Thank you, Emily Prentiss."

Jennifer pulled back away from the hug and then Emily looked back up at her.

"Can we stay like this for just a little bit longer?" Emily asked softly scared that the blonde would say no.

"Yeah absolutely," Jennifer said laying back down holding Emily tight in a hug. Eventually, Emily had fallen asleep and Jennifer went to grab a blanket for them and Emily just clutched her shirt. Jennifer took this as a sign that Emily didn't want her to move so she pulled the blanket out from under her and held Emily tightly as she fell asleep.

Emily woke up first to her surprise, she normally sleeps in. She didn't realize she was laying with Jennifer until she tried to move. She quickly slipped out of the blonde's embrace. Knowing that she was gonna freak out, she made her way to the bathroom.

So many thoughts were in her head. I think I'm falling in love with her. She's perfect. She smells amazing. She just kept thinking of positive things and the smile on her face kept getting bigger and bigger.

She decided that she needed to brush her teeth. She started brushing her teeth when she felt two arms snake around her waist. "Good morning Em," Jennifer said in her sleepy voice.

Emily didn't say anything and Jennifer was worried she went too far. She was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt Emily move and place her hands around her waist.

"Good morning Jen," Emily said smiling. "I wanted to wait until I didn't have toothpaste in my mouth to say it," Emily said smiling but bigger this time.

"You are such a dork," Jennifer said as she booped Emily's nose.

"You're the dork," Emily said laughing.

"Well I might be a dork but I need this dork to move so I can brush my teeth," Jennifer said booping Emily's nose again.

Emily left the bathroom to change her clothes and get her Soccer bag ready they had a big day ahead of them. Jennifer was shortly behind her she had already changed her clothes in the bathroom she grabbed her bag.

Jennifer and Emily made their way out of the hotel to the bus with the most anticipation for this game.

Word count: 757