Nine

Once they left their hotel room they met with some of their friends and walked together to dinner together. They both enjoyed their dinner, It was a selection of different soups and bread. Even though they enjoyed dinner they couldn't wait to get upstairs and go to bed

After they made their way back up to their room and they both sunk into their beds and fell asleep. Jennifer and Emily both only had one thing on their minds and it was each other.

Jennifer woke up around eight in the morning, she knew Emily liked to sleep in so she made her way into the bathroom to braid her hair. She did some simple French braids then made her way back into her room to check her soccer bag and make sure she had everything so that she could be ready for today.

Emily woke up about three minutes after the blonde entered the room like she knew she was there. "Good morning Jen," Emily said rubbing her eyes as she sat up in bed.

"Good morning sleepyhead," Jennifer said without turning around to face Emily.

"Your hair looks so nice, do you think you could do mine? I never learned how to french braid." Emily both admired and admitted.

"Yeah of course I can where's your brush?." Jennifer asked.

"It's in the bathroom," Emily said as she got up to pop her back.

"Ugh Emily, don't do that," Jennifer said turning her nose up.

"What?" Emily said confused

"When you pop your back it scares me that you're gonna like break your back or something," Jennifer admitted. "Sit down here." Jennifer also said so she could start on Emily's braids.

"First off, when you pop your back or anything it's just pockets of air releasing, but you're right it can be dangerous. I learned professionally how to pop my back from a chiropractor, I promise I'm not gonna break my back, Jen." Emily laughed softly.

"Air pockets that's cool, but also good because I can't have you getting hurt now." Jennifer laughed.

"Who thought you how to braid?"

"My sister did it was a while ago, I'm surprised I still remember."

"Muscle memory is very weird it works in so many different ways," Emily said backing up the claim of why she still remembers.

"Oh yeah, that makes sense." Jennifer thought about what Emily said and it was probably true but she still likes to think that she remembers how to do it in memory of her sister. Since Roslyn always use to braid her hair when she was younger.  "Alright, I think we're all done here," Jennifer said as she tapped the braids on Emily's head.

"Thank you," Emily said smiling at the blonde. She loved getting to spend time with her.

"Of course anytime."

The two of them grabbed their bags left the hotel room and made it down the elevator. They headed toward the bus that was gonna take them to the field for the next game.

They arrived at the field before the other team. They started to run play and even learned a new one to knock the other team off their feet. Once the other team arrived they split the field and ran drills before the game started.

Once the oath was over Emily, Jennifer and Coach made their way to center field.

The Referee said, "Jets call it in the air."

The coin made it into the air, and the opposing team said "Tails."

The Referee moved his hand. "Heads Dragons get first to kick and Mets get second."  Jennifer hated it when they had to kick first. She liked to kick second so that she knew if they were on a bad score she could at least have a given opportunity to score.

The Coaches made their way off the field. The Referees made their way to opposite sides of the field. The girls made their way to the opposite sides of the fields to get into position.

Once Jennifer kicked the ball the game was in motion.

This game was a fun one but challenging their goalie was almost as good as my Emily but not betters she wasn't letting our kicks get past but we managed to get a couple past bringing the score up 2-1 marking our third win in this state competition.

Their locker room was full of girls screaming 3-1 they were beyond excited that they had won their game now all they had to do was win their fourth one.

The girls had free time after the game again before they were due back for dinner.

All of Jennifer's thought's through the game were Emily she wasn't quite sure why because Emily had made it clear to her she wasn't interested in her and was giving her "we're just friends" vibes, but despite how the blonde was thinking about the brunette.  It was not how Emily was thinking.

Emily also had her mind full of thoughts about the blonde, she was thinking to herself that maybe after the game they could go see a movie or something along those lines, maybe not as a date but hanging out with her favorite person. Even though she wanted nothing more than for it to be a date with Jennifer.

Word count: 888