"...Halmeoni..," Yujin mustered her courage.

Her grandmother did not turned and asked coldly,"What do you want by coming all the way to my house?"

"...I...need some help...with school matters. I..received a letter about my overdue school fees...I..-," Yujin stammered.

"So? You want me to pay for your school fees? Is that it?" Her grandmother stopped reading but still did not face her.

"I'll...pay you back once I received my paycheck..," Yujin said.

Her grandmother scoffed and put down her specs. She turned to her slowly and crossed her leg. She then scanned her from bottom to top and said,"So you came all this way to ask me for money...just like how your mother used to..."

Yujin looked stumped and tried not to look at her scary eyes. Yujin then heard footsteps walking towards her and Yujin seemed to be frozen at her place.

=======

Meanwhile, her grandmother seemed to be expecting another guest. The young man walked confidently towards her house. The maid of the house heard his knocks on the door and opened the door for him. He then asked the maid if the grandmother is inside. The maid led him to the living room and walked into the living room. As they entered, they heard a tight slap between the grandmother and Yujin. Yujin was baffled and put her hand on her cheek which was being slapped. The grandmother did not notice his presence and continued to scold Yujin,"Don't you ever ask me for money again, understand?! Filthy child! Like mother, like daughter...Now I want you to get out of my house and don't ever come back!"

Yujin quickly turned away from her grandmother, trying to hold back her tears and walked away. Without looking to the front, she bumped into the young man. She looked up and apologised, then rushed out of the house. The young man noticed her little tears and felt sympathised as well as confused by what had happened.

The grandmother then saw him and happily greeted him as if nothing had happened. She urged him to sit with her and asked the maid to prepare tea for them.

"So Kim Tae Hyung shii, what brings you here?" She smiled.

But Tae Hyung's mind seemed to be somewhere else and kept thinking of Yujin. The grandmother noticed that he didn't respond and asked,"Kim Tae Hyung shii?"

Tae Hyung looked to her and gave a small smile and said,"I'm sorry,Halmeoni. I've something else in my mind."

"Girlfriend?" The grandmother teased.

"Ani, halmeoni. Halmeoni, do you mind if I asked a question?" Tae Hyung asked.

"Anything for you, dear," She smiled.

"Who was that girl? Is she someone related to you?" Tae Hyung questioned.

The grandmother stopped drinking her tea and maintained her composure. She looked at him and lied,"We're not related. She's just...my maid that I hired a few days ago. She did something terribly wrong that I have to take action to teach her a lesson."

"Terribly wrong? Did she steal something in your house, halmeoni?" Tae Hyung looked alarmed.

"Something like that...but it has been resolved. Don't worry dear. Why don't we talk about something else? How's your father's business? Is it doing well?"

"Pretty well...," Tae Hyung told her and talked about his intention in meeting her today.

========