-17-

I'm sorry, but I love this interview so much, please watch it😂⬆️⬆️⬆️

ROSE POV

I never realized that in addition to Howard, I also betrayed Jack, until my interrogation. He was acting tough again, but I could see in his eyes that I had hurt him. I felt bad betraying him. "Where is Stark and what is he doing?!" Jack asked for the hundredth time.
"I told you, I haven't the faintest idea!" His eyes grew angrier and I could tell he was done with it.
"If you stop acting tough and listen to Peggy, you might learn something." He stood up.
"You're not going to save the city by being a little pathetic here, Jack." Before I knew it, his arm flew up and his hand smacked against my face. Extremely hard. I felt my eyes sting, but I didn't want to break. If he could act tough, so could I. He looked at his hand as if he didn't mean to hit me.
"I've done it once and I'll do it again if you don't tell me the truth now."
"Prepare for the answer you've heard a hundred times, maybe you understand now. I. Do. Not. Know. Do you get it?"
"I know you're lying."
"I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong." His head was about to explode, but he hit his hand on the table and gave up.
"What? You give up? But you had me so close to the truth!" His eyelid twitched and he walked out of the room without saying a word. I shrugged and slumped in the chair. Not much later Daniel walked in. He had a small smile on his face. As if he had a lot of faith in it and even was looking forward to interrogate me.
"I can already tell you, you won't get much more out of me than Jack."
"A little is enough." He looked at my cheek. It was probably all red.
"I see Thompson used violence, I didn't think he had it in him." I rolled my eyes and sat up slightly straighter.
"Tell me, where is your brother and what is he doing?" I sighed.
"I've said that a thousand times now, I wouldn't know! When I got home this afternoon, he wasn't there!" Daniel wasn't sure whether to believe me or not. At least he still had his doubts.
"Look-" Just then Jack burst back in.
"He confessed. Stark confessed everything." A smile formed on his face as he looked at me.
"Looks like you lost, Rosie." I raised an eyebrow at him.
"Whatever you want." I looked back at Sousa who went after Jack.
"So you'll just leave me here? Nice then! I- Bye." They were already gone. All I could do was walk out the door with the table and all, or smash the window. The first seemed like a better idea. So a few seconds later I walked over to Jack, with a table at my feet. It must have looked terribly stupid.
"You forgot something." I stretched my arms out to him with difficulty. He seemed surprised, just like everyone else in the office, but still untied me. It wasn't until I was free of the handcuffs that I saw Jarvis standing there.
"Hey, what are you doing here again?" I wasn't quite back in formal language after that conversation just now.
"Sorry, I meant of course, what a pleasure to see you here! May I ask what the reason for your visit is?" I saw Peggy hide her smile behind her hand as Jarvis replied perfectly normal.
"I just came by to drop by, but unfortunately I was also arrested."
"Oh, that's a little less pleasant." He nodded and I looked at the table in the center of the office.
"I'll bring it back." With a little effort I lifted the table and took it back to the interrogation room. Too bad I knocked over two phones and a typewriter.

When I returned, the group of people had grown. Chief Dooley was also there now, along with a man I didn't know. He kind of looked like some scary scientist or something. Only a little friendlier. He held out his hand before I could say anything.
"Viktor Ivchenko." Dooley gave me a withering look and I quickly shook his hand.
"Rose Maguire."
"You can call yourself Stark, you know." Jack shouted from somewhere in the corner. I smiled unkindly at him and looked back at the man.
"Nice to meet you." I stood next to Peggy. She told me a moment later that Jarvis had come with a letter from Howard stating that he confessed everything. Sounds like she thought it was a bad plan on his part. Jarvis started fidgeting at his ear as Peggy kept coming back to the letter.
"Mr. Jarvis, is the letter from Howard?" He scratched his nose for a moment, then shook his head as he looked the other way.
"Did you perhaps write the letter?" He nodded as he stared at the ceiling.