One

Jennifer Jareau was a small town girl who used soccer as her rock. She was always into soccer since the day she could walk and found a soccer ball her family knew she was gonna be a star. Her mom and dad were always around and there for her regardless of the situation. Jennifer adored her sister Roslyn, she was always hanging out with her and they were the sisters you saw on movies. Until a tragic accident where Roslyn was no longer around. After Roslyn she found out she loved soccer a little bit more and wanted something to do with her time now that her sister wasn't there. She was on a private team until she made it to middle school  she became a well known soccer star in her town. After middle school she made it onto the high school varsity team.

Emily Prentiss was what you could call the opposite of Jennifer Jareau. She was a city girl, she never stayed in one place for long her mom was a powerful ambassador. Until they settled down into a small quiet town in Virginia. She wasn't around much for Emily's school life or life in general, she just told Emily that she had to pass all of her classes will A's or it wasn't acceptable. When she found out about Emily playing soccer she honestly didn't care she just wished her daughter would use her athletic ability for something more appealing then soccer. She wasn't around enough to really put that into force and Emily enjoyed soccer and didn't care about what her mom thought. When she made it onto high school varsity team, she told her mom but she didn't get a response.

Emily and Jennifer met freshman year on the soccer team they became inseparable. They always hung out, mostly at Jennifer's house because that what her parents liked and Emily liked to be around a mother and father figure. Jennifer's parents would always come to the girls soccer games, for both of them not just Jennifer since Emilys mother wasn't gonna bother to show up for her games.

But that was just the tip of the iceberg for Jennifer and Emily. Emily had always known she like girls. Jennifer knew she thought girls were pretty but would never see herself with a girl until Emily came around. She was pretty, nice, kind, respectful, and into soccer that was a big one for her.

Jennifer and Emily liked each other anyone could have told you that, but that being said they had absolutely no means of communication. They struggled actually expressing their feelings towards one another even though they wanted to. They would always hang out together and do activities outside of school together one of their favorite places to go was this field just before sunset. Emily would lay on her back while Jennifer rested her head on her stomach, and Emily played with her hair as they watched the sun set then looked up at the stars and tried too find each others astrological constellation.

Even though they were always around each other and spent time together they never talked about how they felt for each other. Whenever the topic was brought up either it being by one of them or someone else they always went silent and changed the topic. When Emily would stay the night at Jennifer's it was because her mom was never there to tell her she couldn't stay the night at a friends house, and Jennifer's parents liked Emily and thought she was good for their daughter.

One of the most common things they did at night was stare into each others eyes, it was soft and meaningful. They would just lay there softy holding the other persons face until they fell asleep. Sometimes they would cuddle or something along those lines but it never went past anything like that.

They had the best intentions and wanted to tell each other how they felt but didn't really know how to truly put those feelings into words.

Emily and Jennifer stayed like that all freshman year it wasn't until sophomore year when the feelings they felt kinda drifted away, they were still just as good friends as they were before. Emily still stayed at Jennifer's all the time their relationship just faded into a platonic one. They didn't mind this in-fact they preferred this outcome rather then the outcome of them not being friends anymore because someone admitted the feelings they felt.

Sophomore year was a nice ride for Jennifer and Emily they excelled at soccer through this year, even became team captions. Everyone knew Jennifer and Emily at soccer games it was their numbers on the poster boards being held up in school spirit. In their school gym they had their photos hanging up on giant posters with all of their achievements under their photos. They were the popular people who loved everyone and didn't discriminate towards anyone. They still did talk shit about people they didn't like in private, but would never say it to someone's face.

Junior year was a turn around for those feelings, they started to come back into the picture for both of them. Their means of communication had definitely gotten better but still weren't were they needed to be. They trusted each other to a greater extent which made it easier. The road trip definitely was a deciding factor into the choices of finally deciding that it was time to show the other one that they liked them and communicate in a way that hadn't before.

                      ___________________

Jennifer Jareau was the soccer teams star center back. Emily Prentiss was the star goalie. Their soccer team had just gotten the news that they had made it into the state championship, after years of hard work. They were so excited about finding out the news they just did, that the team didn't even ask questions they just ran into the locker room blasting music and enjoying themselves. Knowing that they were the reason they are getting to go to a state championship.

After they finished and had their time in the locker room they made it back onto the field with their soccer bags. "Did you girls enjoy your time in the locker room?" Coach asked with a stern look on his face.

The girls all said of a collection of yeah and yes.

"I'm just playing with you girls, you deserve this take a little time to enjoy it before we have to get back into the hard work of beating other teams asses." Coach said with a smile.

All the girls reciprocated that smile.

"We will be heading to Richmond Virginia. I need you girls to be on top of your game and pack everything you need and be ready to get on that bus in about a weeks time , we will have practice every other day at 5 understand?"

The whole team said "Understood"

Word count 1,167