Chapter 8

-Ethan's P.O.V-

I ran towards the abandoned corridor of the east wing, no one ever goes there so I'd be able to alone and cry without being bothered. Tears were still flowing heavily down my face I slid down a wall in a corner till I hit the cold tiled floor letting myself curl over my knees, my hands finding their way to cover my face. I was now crying harder and harder, sobbing loudly. Why was I crying so much, it wasn't a big deal, I knew he was going to reject me. I just didn't expect it to hurt this much, I could feel my heart ache inside my chest stronger than what I had ever felt before. I deserved it though, after what I did to him. I laid down on my side, rubbing the tears out of my eyes trying to stop crying.

"Please... stop crying" I said to myself as I passed my fingers into my hair, holding on to my head. I heard footsteps and stopped breathing, not wanting them to hear me. But my heart kept aching, and my mind kept making me hate myself more, and I couldn't help but let out a sob. I heard the footsteps stop and turn around, heading in my direction.

"Is someone there?" I recognized Jacob's voice immediately. He looked around the corner where I was laying and his eyes widened. I must look horrible; huge red puffy eyes, soaked shirt, large streams of tears crawling down my face.

"E-Ethan!?" he shouted and crouched by me, wrapping his strong arms around me pulling me up against his strong chest. I refuged my face into his neck and kept crying, as he rubbed and smoothed out my hair. I reached around him slowly, gripping down his shirt over his back.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I shook my head still into his neck and sobbed louder.

"It's okay... shh, I'm here." It was true, he was there. I looked up from his neck and despite the water in my eyes I could distinguish his preoccupied eyes and his worried expression.

"T-thank you" I managed to say.

We sat there for quite a while, the bell had rung for us to go back to class but we didn't go. He held me as I calmed down; playing with my hair slowly and kissing my forehead. I clutched to his now damp shirt. He didn't let me go, he comforted me, cared for me.

"I'll drive you home" he offered and I nodded. He offered his hand as support as I got up, not letting go afterwards. He held my hand in a manner that our fingers were mangled together, warmth radiating from it. I fell asleep in the leather seat of his 1967 black mustang as he drove me to my house.

I could feel his big strong arms lift me up and bring me inside, I nested my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his neck eyes still closed, too tired to open them. He lay my limp body down on the bed, and felt him lay down with me, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me into a spooning position, and with that, I fell once again asleep.

I slowly woke up to the sound of the chirping birds. I rubbed my eyes scrupulously as they were crusty and dry because of yesterday slowly adjusting to the room I was in noticing quickly that it wasn't my own. It was painted in a leafy green merging with chocolate brown wooden planks. My shirt scattered with other pieces of clothing. I rubbed my bare chest and questioned; whose room was it? I shifted a little bit, my body not responding as quickly as it should before I felt someone wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me in again, nesting his face at the nape of my neck.

"Mm good morning." I recognized Jacob's voice and remembered yesterday's events my heart filling with a familiar sting making me wince.

"Jacob?" I asked. "Yeah?" he replied in a drowsy tone.

"Where are we?" I turned around to face him seeing his sleepy face, closed eyes, blissful smile and his hair messed up and sticking upwards in some places. He leaned in and kissed me gently.

"At my place, my parents are gone for a couple of days." He stated, I could feel my heart beating faster, conscious of how close he was and that he had kissed me again. I nodded and he carried on kissing me slowly, playing with my hair, his strong arms holding onto my body. I was happier now, my heart was beating evenly, a bit faster and louder but normally; however, my mind was elsewhere. My heart didn't beat as fast as it would beat with him, my heart doesn't feel like it's about to burst of happiness and this smile was a forced smile. With him I didn't think of anyone else, with him I felt important, I felt alive. This all this is nothing close to the perfection I felt with Connor. I was with Jacob, but it's Connor I want to be with.

"Why were you crying yesterday?" Jacob said, snapping me out of my daydream.

"Oh... it's nothing don't worry" I lied, he tilted his head to the side and gave me the, I'm not an idiot look.

"What, it's true..." I pleaded before I looked down.

"Sure, like I'm going to believe that. You were a mess yesterday." He said in a soft voice, holding me tight in his chest. I don't want you, I want Connor was all I could think and repeat in my head.

"It's nothing I promise, just forget about it." I insisted.

"Fine..." he got up and went to the bathroom. I lied there, looking at the ceiling, wrapped in Jacob's sheets; wishing I was in Connor's sheets. Why did I have to realize just now, how amazing Connor really is? I was too blind by Jacob, and really he's not anything like what I imagined, and even more, he is not what I want. I had to get him back, I just had to.

I got up quickly and gathered my stuff before he got out, managing to leave without him noticing. I got home and plopped on the bed, maybe if I told him, he could come over, we could talk calmly, maybe even patch things up.

Since we broke up, he never really came back at my place when it was just me and him alone.

I took my phone into my hands, shakily tapping my digits to the screen.

Connor, I'm sorry I left in a hurry yesterday, I just didn't want you to see me cry. Jacob found me and brought me at his place. I woke up and all I could think about is you. I was in his arms and I was wishing it wasn't him, I wanted it to be you. My heart felt empty, compared to when I'm with you. I know it's a bit useless for me to tell you all this. I guess I'm just hoping that we would get back together. I'm home, and I really want you here right now. Alright cya then.

I felt a small tear roll down my face and wiped it away quickly after I tapped send. I wasn't going to cry anymore.