BACKSTORY

°•[L/n] [Y/n] °•

A good-looking boy who's born in a family full of demon slayers

So of course he followed his family's tradition and became a demon slayer.

.

.

" I will become a hashira and beat up all those bad demons !" young [y/n] exclaimed confidently with a toothy grin. Cackling could be heard at the dinner table. 

" Yeah sure, how about you go chop those woods first," one of the grown-ups said.

 " None of our family members became one, what does make you think you can be a Hashira?! " another one objected. [Y/n] huffed angrily.

" I will become stronger! Just like dad " the young [h/c] haired boy put his little arms on his hips with his chin up proudly. His dad who's on the other side of the table looked at him disappointed.

 " you can't even swing the sword right! what makes you think you will be a demon slayer in the first place?!" One of the kids said, making the rest laugh loudly.

He was the kid in the family who always got picked on for no reason.

Insults are always being thrown at him. At that time he ignored them. But the older he got the more those insults started getting to him.

~~~~~~~~

Until the day finally arrived.

The final selection exam.

 The 13-year-old [h/c] haired boy stood next to his siblings and cousins. Listening intensely to the rules.

 [Y/n] nervously looked around seeing all his family members having their chin up in confidence. He could feel his legs shaking. Negative thoughts filled his mind. He felt like he was about to pass out. He was sweating furiously. Until he snapped back to reality when he got dragged by one of his siblings to the forest.

" Hey guys, who do you think will die first? " one of them started. Everyone thought about it. Everyone except [y/n]. he knew the answer to this question and he stressed that it would be true.

" Hahaha, why are we even thinking about it? Of course, it's [y/n]" one of the kids laughed loudly, everyone agreeing with him.

" He looks like he's about to pee himself" the other kid pointed out. Making the others snicker. 

'~~~~~~~~'

But in the end.

.

.

.

He was the only survivor

Watching his family members die one by one in front of his eyes was not a pleasant view. He felt useless, he felt weak. He couldn't save any of them.

' They were right, ' he thought standing alone. His head lowered in shame.his lips trembled, and his eyes burned as he tried to keep his tears at bay.

 as the girls congratulated the survivors yet all he wanted was to run away and cry himself to sleep and never wake up. He was supposed to be happy that he was the only survivor out of all the other family members. But he couldn't.

' I survived by chance '

He kept telling himself 

How is he supposed to go back to his family? Of course, they are gonna blame him for their deaths. When he finally left the exam he walked carelessly not caring for where he was going. All he wanted to do was to disappear. He can't face his family. not after that.

[Y/n] shuffled his little body to wherever it took him.

 Until he met a woman who was kind enough to let him in and take care of him. 

He loved her. He loved how kindly she treated Him.

 But he sadly had to leave for his first mission when he got his sword. Disappointed he couldn't stay longer.

But he had promised himself. After he becomes a hashira he will protect all his loved ones and show it off to his family.