Part 8

Levi’s POV

I felt myself stiffened. I had completely forgotten why I was here. The fact that Zach was able to distract me from my life, kinda made my heart flutter.

“I was, umm, thinking about something.” I tried to sound as ominous as possible.

“Oh, it’s fine. You don’t have to tell me.” He sounded genuine, something I rarely see anymore. I felt like I could trust him.

“Well, you see. I came out like about a year ago.” I rubbed my arm nervously.

“And since then, I’ve felt… lonely. Like I don’t have anyone to actually like. It sounds stupid, but every guy I’ve met has only been interested just to hook up or experiment. It sucks, and I was thinking about it earlier. So that’s why I came on the ferris wheel, to clear my head.” I stopped and looked over to Zach.

“That’s understandable. Since I figured myself out, I’ve tried to find someone perfect for me. But it’s kinda hard when you’re the social outcast who would be beat up if they found out what I was.” He sounded a bit sad. I reached over and touched his shoulder. Sparks flew between us.

“Hey, it’s okay. I guess we’ll be lonely together forever.” I said.

“Oh, yippie.” He sounded a bit upset. It wasn’t until I realized what I said. 

There was another moment of awkward tension between us. I mentally facepalmed myself for saying that. 

There goes my chance of possibly dating him.

He probably wouldn’t date me. I was the jock who had a reputation. I was too much. I was loud, obnoxious, annoying, and stupid. A smart person like Zach would stay away from me.

But he didn’t. And I felt feelings for him grow inside me.

I thought about it. Could the both of us date? Sure there would be issues with our schools. But I’ll make sure to protect him, as much as I can. Now was my chance to ask him.

“Hey, Zach. I was thinking, would you like to go out-” I stopped when the carriage started shaking violently.

“Sorry!” The voice of the operator boomed through a megaphone. “We’re still working on fixing this! We’ll make sure to bring you guys down as soon as possible!” I was sad, because I was interrupted and I don’t want this time to end between me and Zach. I'm hoping they took forever to fix the ride.