"I do Adrian, God knows that I do. But I am still scared to death and sooo worried about her, for her, and about losing her."

He patted me on the shoulder. "I know you are cuz, I know that you are. Just don't forget that you can always see everything that she sees, does, feels, and hears. You can always be right there with her the whole time. If you keep a watch over her then maybe that will help to ease your mind some. I intend to ask Guardian Petrova for you to be with me constantly until it is time for us to go to Spokane. Because I know that you won't be able to guard, or do anything of the kind, and watch her at the same time."

"I hope so and thank you. That means more to me than you will ever know cousin." I sighed.

He patted me on the shoulder again. "You and she are both a part of my family, and you know that we watch over, take care of, and protect our family as much as we possibly can."

I sighed, "I know we do. We all do."

(RPOV)

"So, you and Guardian Belikov are finally together openly then?" Christian asked about an hour after we left the ski lodge.

I was shocked and I let him know it. "I'm not sure that I know what you mean Christian."

"Rose, I just saw the two of you kissing each other as if your very lives and sanity depended on it back there. Regardless of what some people in this world seem to think, I'm not blind nor am I stupid. And I have known about the two of you ever since that ride to get Lissa back from Victor Dashkov."

I quickly looked at him and could tell that he was telling the truth.

"How?"

"Well, I did overhear every interaction between the two of you on that car ride remember. Not to mention when he told you that he needed you to stay in the SUV and stay safe. Honestly, all of that was such a dead giveaway that he is in love with you. I just wondered if you loved him, in the same way that he sooo obviously loves you, in return. I thought that you did, but now I know, for absolute certain that you do."

I sighed. "Yes, I do. But you can't say anything yet Christian. Not until the time is right."

"What about to Lissa?"

"No, not even Lissa can know yet. It is just not safe for Dimitri and me, for her to know yet. I am sorry that I am asking you to keep a secret from her, but it is for the best right now. Not just for Dimitri and me, but for everyone concerned. For everyone that we know and care about."

"If I do this, are you going to tell her that I knew about the two of you before she did?"

"Not if you don't want me to."

"I will keep your secret for as long as you keep mine."

I stuck my hand out to him and we shook hands.

"Deal." We said as one.

For the next five hours, it would have taken seven, but I really wasn't any good at sticking to the speed limit, and thankfully we had a police scanner and a radar detector. I told Christian everything that Adrian, Mitya, and I had discussed and decided that he would need to know. Or that he could know right now I should say.

When we got to Spokane, we found the location of the local shopping mall where the strigoi were taking people from with no problems. After that we went to a Taco Bell, right across the street from the mall, and we ate enough to last us for a few days. But only after I had taken Christian to the closest feeder's community.

Once that was all done, we made our way down to the basement of the shopping mall. It didn't take long before we got ourselves discovered, captured, and taken to a house a few miles away. Well, actually I don't really know how far away we were taken because the strigoi knocked me unconscious before they even took us out of the basement of the shopping mall.