19 ❥ brotherly love

Start from the beginning

She pauses at the door for a second glancing in between the three of us.

"Here you go." She smiles and hands us our coffees.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yell.

The door opens and I notice three people walk in, Xander's girlfriend Arya, Jesse, and another girl I've never met before.

"Fuck." I look behind me and notice all the color drain out of Asher's face.

"Hey man, how are you doing?" Jesse asks.

"I'm okay, just sore." He replies but his eyes mainly linger on the girl sitting with Arya in the back.

I walk over to her and introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Axton, Xander's brother."

"Wow, I didn't know Xander had a brother. I'm Catalina." She smiles.

Damn, I guess Xander really doesn't mention me to his friends.

Catalina is very beautiful, I don't blame Asher for constantly staring at her.

"Ah, so you're Catalina..." Alyssa says while eyeing the girl from head to toe.

"Um yes, and I'm assuming you're Alyssa?"

"Yep, it's nice to meet you." She hugs her.

Catalina was clearly not expecting it because she goes stiff for a second but then hugs her back after a couple of seconds.

They start talking about whatever it is girls talk about and I hear Alyssa let out a small laugh.

It's nice to see Alyssa laugh again, especially after everything that's happened tonight.

I look around the room and see Arya sitting on my brother's lap talking about something and Jesse talking to Asher.

Jesus, I'm a 21-year-old in a room full of high schoolers.

"Knock knock" We all turn our heads and see the doctor walk in.

"Hello, My name is Doctor Christian Moore." He introduces himself.

I jump a bit when I hear a cup fall on the floor.

We all turn our heads and see Alyssa standing by the door frozen, her eyes never leaving the doctor.

What the-

Catalina and Arya quickly walk up to her, help her clean up the mess, and walk her out of the room. Leaving all the guys in the room.

"Anyways, Asher, you have quite a few bruises and a fracture in your right hand and your rib cage but other than that, you should be okay. If I'm not wrong, I'm assuming you got into a fight..."

I begin to doze off and think about why Alyssa just reacted like that. She was totally fine talking and laughing with Catalina. What the fuck changed?

The door opens again and both Catalina and Arya walk in but no Alyssa.

I walk over to my brother and tap him on the shoulder.

"You saw Alyssa's reaction to the doctor too, right?" I ask.

"Yep, I thought I was the only one." He mumbles.

"Should we go talk to her?"

"Yeah"

We both quietly head out into the hallway and see Alyssa having a tug of war with the vending machine.

"Stupid machine!" She mumbles and pounds on the glass.