19: What are you doing here?

Camilo's POV

 I woke up the sound of broken glass. I opened my eyes tired as I sat straight on my bed, looking around to find where the noise was coming from. A few seconds later it stopped so I laid back down to my bed and tried to sleep some more. But a few minutes later I heard it again.

This time I decided to stand up and look for it everywhere. In the bathroom, the closet, under the bed, behind the curtains until I ended up leaning my back against the cold wall. I heave a sigh as I heard the sound again, it looks like someone's cleaning up broken pieces of glass.

I stumbled upon Carlos's room, the sound just keep getting louder. Due to my curiosity, I walked forwards and hold the doorknob. I let out a breath before slowly opening the door only to see him holding a broom.

"What happened here?" I asked, looking at the tiny pieces of glass that shattered all over the floor. His eyes quickly diverted to my direction, he shot a glare at me.

"It's not like you care." he says and continued on what he's doing. I sighed before coming in and closing the door behind me. I sat into his bed and saw a few torn clothes then I looked at his hand that was wrapped up with the same cloth. "Who the hell are you to sit on my bed?" he says, aggressively pushing me away.

"Jeez Carlos, it's just a bed." I said sarcastically.

"Well I don't want your stinky ass smell all over my sheets!" he shouted while dusting off his sheets. "Get out of my room!" he points at the door.

"Fine, I will, but I need to ask you something first." 

He rolls his eyes irritated. "What is it?" he asks while throwing away the glass in a trash bin.

"It's about y/n," as soon as I mentioned her name, his eyes quickly turned to me. 

"What about her?" he puts down the broom on the side of his closet.

I cleared my throat and gulped. "I-I just wanted to ask if you... told her yet. You know...about the bet...?" I asked, fidgeting my fingers. If only his stares can kill, I'd be with Abuelo Pedro right now.

He breathes out and looked away. "No. I haven't told her yet. I actually don't have any plans about saying it." I was taken aback by his words. I hope he's saying the truth.

"So...uh, you won't tell her?" I asked and he nods his head in reply. "Why?"

He looks at me up and down. "What do you mean why? do you want me to go tell her instead?" he says, throwing hands in the air.

"N-no, that's not what I meant. I just thought you would eventually tell her the truth so she'd end up hating me." 

He let out a scoff. "You really think I'm that bad?" he shakes his head. "Look, I only want what's the best for her that I'd rather shut my mouth and let my reputation be ruined. I know you liked her, well it's kinda obvious, but the point is... I don't want to see her getting played at." he sighed. " I know I have been a jerk and all. I just realized I over-reacted that time and I let my anger out on you. I can't say I'm sorry though 'cause I've always wanted to do that to you." 

I glared at him and crossed my arms. "So you really wouldn't tell her?" I asked.

He nods his head. "But... I'll have a favor in return." he says. I rolled my eyes.

Of course.

Y/n's POV

I woke up on a really painful headache. I put a hand on my neck and my forehead only to realize I was a bit hot. I let out a sigh. This is probably because I went home all wet by the rain last night. 

After my talk with Carlos last night as I was crying the rain just suddenly poured down on me and that's how I ended up in this situation. I can't even sit straight or anything my body feels weak and heavy.

I was interrupted by my thoughts when the door swung open, I coughed, only to see Cleo sitting on the edge of my bed. "Are you alright sis? you look ill." he says as he gently touches my forehead. "Gosh, y/n! you're sick! it's because you came home all drenched last night." he says worriedly.

"Jeez, I'm fine."

"No you're not. Stay here, I'll call mama for help." I nod in reply before he rushed out of my room and returned quickly with mom. 

"Oh, Mija! you have a fever!" she says grabbing my hand and leaning it to her cheeks. "Cleo, can you please call Julieta over?" Cleo nodded and ran out of the room. "wait for a moment."

She went out and returned holding a tiny bucket filled with water in her hand. She then grabs a towel on my closet and wet it with the water before placing it on my forehead.

"Mama, I'll be fine--ah!" I cut off my own words and held my head when my head suddenly ached. I think I just wanted to cry.

"Y/n, please rest Julieta will be here anytime soon." as soon as she finished saying that, Julieta entered the room holding a plate of arepas. 

"Here y/n, it'll make you feel better." I took a small bite and the pain on my head immediately went away. 

"Thanks." I smiled and she nodded in reply. 

"Don't worry about your chores I'll do it so you could rest." Cleo says. I nodded before he went out of the room, Julieta also said her goodbye, leaving the plate of arepas on the night stand so I can just grab it if I want.

"Are you sure you'll be fine here mija?" mom asked worriedly.

I nodded. "Si, it doesn't hurt that much anymore." she sighed before kissing my forehead and saying goodbye. I was left alone in my room. I stared at the ceiling blankly. 

I wish I could take back my words, it feels lonely and boring alone in my room. I closed my eyes and sighed just then I heard the door open but I was too tired to open my eyes again so I ignored it, thinking it's probably mom. 

I felt someone holding my hand which forced me to open my eyes. "Camilo? what are you doing here?"