11: Confrontation

Y/N's POV

The rest of the day went well, after all the dancing and walking here and there my feet started to hurt and Camilo volunteered to give me a piggy back ride in which I didn't argue with since my feet are already swollen.

We're now taking the route back to my home with Carlos following from behind us. The sun had set as well but people can still be seen walking along the streets. 

I held tight into Camilo's neck afraid that I might slip from his grip and fall into the hard ground. My chin resting on his right shoulder as he keeps on asking I'm doing alright. We've been walking for a few minutes right now yet he haven't shown any signs of tiredness at all.

I buried my face on the hollows of his neck as I hear his heavy breathing. I was concerned so I asked. "Are you tired? you can put me down now you know." I asked and brushed his hair away from his face to see him.

"It's okay Hermosa, I could get used to this. But please stop staring at me, I can't focus on the road, you're making me blush." he says rather with confidence and I flick back his hair to his face and rolled my eyes, letting out a soft chuckle.

"Such a flirt." I whispered to which he obviously heard.

"What was that?" he asks, pretending as if he didn't hear what I said. I rolled my eyes again and took a glance at the back to see Carlos.

He was still carrying the bags filled with the things we bought from the shops earlier. Three bags hanging on his left arm and two on the right side, on his hand was a small basket filled with fruits I brought for my family. It made him look more muscular. 

I was staring at him for a while until his wondering eyes met mine. His other eye that was being covered by his hair shined through the dark. He gave a smile reassuring that he's fine in which I smiled in return and turned back on the road ahead of us.

When we were just a few walks away from my house I decided to just walk on my own, Camilo didn't argue with me since his back was hurting a bit too. 

Once we reached the front door I've decided to maybe invite them over for dinner. "Hey, uh, If you don't mind... why don't you join us for dinner?" they exchanged looks. "It's fine If you don't want to I--"

"Sure" they said in unison, not letting me finish my sentence.

I smiled and opened the front door to be greeted by my mom and dad who seemed to have been listening to our conversation. "Mama? Papa?" I asked, they gave me a smile.

"It's not what you think Mija." they both spoke, I crossed my arms  around my chest.

"Oh, sure." I said sarcastically.

"By the way, don't you wanna let your guests in?." they say, changing the topic. I just nodded my head and called out for Cleo to grab the basket of fruits and shopping bags from Carlos as I let them in the house.

We all sat on our seats, mom and dad seated on both the edge of the table, Cleo beside Ines, and me in between Carlos and Camilo on the other side of the table.

We soon started eating. "So..." mom started, " This is Camilo's twin? what's his name again?" she asks to Camilo who was sitting beside her.

"Oh, his name is Carlos." he answers his eyes diverted on Carlos who was busy eating. 

Mom nodded and there was an extreme silence. I glance to Ines who was seated across me. I saw her staring at Camilo and she seem to notice me looking at her, she only smiled and looked back at the food on her plate. 

All was silently eating until dad spoke. "So which one of you is courting y/n?" he asks that caught our attention, which made me literally choke on my food. Camilo hurriedly gave me a glass of water.

As soon as I finished drinking, I looked at my dad with furrowed eyebrows. "Papa! not in front of the food please." I said, looking at both boys beside me lowering their heads and trying to focus on the food. I glanced at the side to see Cleo giving me a teasing look, I rolled my eyes at him.

"I was just asking." dad replies and I gave him another warning look. "Okay, okay, I'll stop." he says raising both hands as if surrendering.

Now the atmosphere is filled with awkwardness, thanks to my dad.

We carried on eating, no one saying another word. Which is good because I might choke for the second time and just die in embarrassment.

Time passed and we finished eating, mom volunteered to do the dishes and dad came to help her with it. Cleo headed straight to his room and so did Ines, looking at a bit ill maybe because of what happened earlier. 

I am now standing outside, staring at the twins. "I'm sorry about my dad back there, he can be talkative sometimes ." I laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of my head. "And uh, thanks by the way, you know, for agreeing to have dinner with us which didn't end up well as I expected." 

No words came out from them, they were just staring at me holding their smiles. I didn't want to make it more awkward and waste their time so I got closer and hugged them both. 

They seem surprised by my actions as it took a while for them to hug me back. I pulled away and saw pink tint started to show in their cheeks.

I chuckled and waved my hands saying goodbye to them before shutting the door from behind me. Then I saw mom and dad staring at me, I rolled my eyes at them. "I'm tired, save the tease for tomorrow." I said and went upstairs to my room.

I rolled over to my bed covering my face, I knew I was blushing hard at the moment. I tried to shrug off the thoughts and make myself fall asleep not even changing my clothes because my lazy ass wouldn't let me.

Camilo's POV

After the awkward dinner at y/n's house we headed home to where I was greeted by a lot of questions from my family. Carlos got away quickly to avoid being asked and head upstairs first.

"Gosh, guys I'm tired, let me go. You can ask tomorrow." I whined as I pass by them. It's really hard to have that one family member who can hear everything and then tells the whole fam about it.

I shut the door behind me and laid on my bed just then I heard the door creaked open and I saw Carlos leaning against the door frame, both hands on his pocket as he slowly walked in.

"What do you want?" I ask, feeling my heavy eyes. I just wanted to sleep.

"I wanted to ask you something." he says which made me sat straight. 

"What is it?"

He looked at me with his usual serious face. "do you like y/n?" he asks which made my eyebrows furrowed.

"Why'd you ask?" 

"Just answer the goddamn question." he says with the same poker face.

"Yes. I like her, why? It's not like you care." I said, fighting the urge to roll my eyes. "Why did you ask though? do you like  her too?" 

He looks away instantly leaning his back on the closet. "No. I just wanted to know if you're really serious about liking her and not just playing with her feelings. Y/n had been a good friend to me with just a small amount of time and if I find out you're playing her..." he paused for a while. " I'd do what it takes to steal her away from you. So I suggest you think of the consequences before you decide to play such foolish games." he looks at me one more time and left the room.

I was left dumbfounded by his words.